1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Weapon Reassembler 0.4beta

Change your gun's appearance

Tags:
  1. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

A WIP mod with idea heavily insired by Arsenal Codifier concept by DJFlare84. Also inspired by the now-dead Gun Assembler, but without changing parameters (yet).
    Similar wod that's already up and kickin': Weapon Fusion Station.

> Da Link <
    For those unfamiliar with GitHub, you need to download the .pak file in the root. Although if you are not familiar with GH, you probably won't be interested in it. Yet.

[​IMG]

For now works with randomly generated guns only.
    Guns should be of the same type and rarity. You can't turn a pistol into a rifle. Also, the gun preserves its vanilla colors. Don't call it WIP for nuthin'

Reassemble button can also copy firing sound from the template (although it will sound slightly different as the fire rate remains unchanged). Original weapon is always removed when reassembling.
    [Revert] reverts ANY changes made to a weapon, restoring it to vanilla state. [Scan] does nothing (except posting nude florans in your log... and beeping if your weapon can't be reassembled).
    Two beep means something's terribly wrong with the slots. One beep means you're probably trying to make your Magnum into a rocket launcher. TOLD YA NOT TO DO IT PUNK?

Horrible UI is patented by me.

DONE:
    - Renaming
    - Reverting back to vanilla
    - Copying visuals. When copying from an already modified weapon, only modified visuals are copied. The gun preserves its original color.
    - Copying shoot sound
    - Compatible common/uncommon/rare weapons
    - Visual preview before reassembling

TODO:
    See readme on GitHub

PS. Many thanks to all the kind folks from ##starbound-modding IRC. Special thanks to v6, Kawa and other fellas. Object art borrowed from Gunassembler mod and originally drawn by Djinn.

The vid is totally relevant.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    DJFlare84 and General Nuclear like this.
  2. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

- Fixed mod file having no extension
    - Now should mix weapons regardless of rarity. Testing, anyone?

3. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

The latest working copy has a new addition. Now before resetting your gun to vanilla the system asks for your confirmation and warns about it.
    [​IMG]

Currently working on weapon preview and several small options. It proved to be more difficult than I thought.

4. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

One more small update.
    - Reworked interface
    - Copying sound can now be disabled
    - Copying Alternative Fire ability for 2-handed guns can now be enabled.
    ! Note that not all AltMode abilities can be transferred between common and uncommon/rare guns. For example, you can't install Lance on common rifle (it requires elemental damage, and all common rifles are Physical). Reassembler blocks such transfers based on a blacklist. If your gun suddenly turns into an evil green cube, it's probably it. Please post reassembly details if you encounter it so I can prevent it.

5. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    Just sayin'

6. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

7. RagnaWolf999

RagnaWolf999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

mouth is watering from epicness

8. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

It's still very WIP. Tread carefully.
    A little teaser.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  9. ProfKnox

ProfKnox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When combining a longer weapon with a shorter one, the reassembled weapon can have these gaps between the different gun images.

10. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Not intended. Is it the problem with the preview or with the modified gun as well?
    Could you post an example? I suppose a screenshot will do.

11. ProfKnox

Here are the images:
    [​IMG]
    The first weapon is the red shotgun, used as the base weapon.
    The second weapon is a smaller shotgun, used for the reassembled gun.
    The final product displays the correct gun parts and colors, just with gaps in-between them.
    The reassembler preview displays the gun correctly.

MelOzone likes this.
  12. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Thanks. I'll look into it. Stay tuned.

13. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

MelOzone updated Weapon Reassembler (WIP) with a new update entry:

Weapon visuals hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Thanks for your report. Looks like I fixed it - see 0.3.1a. You will need to reassemble your gun. Probably just [Reassemble] can be enough, but it's better to [Revert], then [Reassemble]. Just in case. Please tell how it goes.

15. ProfKnox

Great work! I had to re-craft the weapon reassembler as it appeared my old one wasn't working, but the guns properly display now!

MelOzone likes this.
  16. FOE

FOE Void-Bound Voyager

hm.. gona dl this just nude florans

17. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Don't wanna disappoint you but right now it's (yet another) debug button.
    In the future I'm going to call "display current weapon modifications" from this button.

Although I have a thought or two about nude florans...

18. FOE

FOE Void-Bound Voyager

sssigh, gona go ssstab some Hylotl's

19. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

There's a problem with preview - if you leave a gun in mod weapon slot and close Reassembler, opening it again breaks the script and makes RA unoperable.
    I'm on it.

There will be florans eventually. Pinkie promise.

20. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

MelOzone updated Weapon Reassembler (WIP) with a new update entry:

Selective replication

Read the rest of this update entry...

[​IMG]

Some explanation on "selective replication"":
    - Weapon icon and in-game visuals should change simultaneously
    - Previewing does not change your weapon. [Reassemble] does.

Also:
    - If the template is a vanilla weapon, selected vanilla parts are replicated on the modded weapon.
    - If the template is an already modded weapon, modded parts are used as templates.
    - If the template is a partially modded weapon, replication takes vanilla parts and modded parts accordingly.
    In other words, replication always uses current visuals of the template.

The checkboxes are: top = butt, middle = middle, bottom = barrel. There is a slight lag in changing the preview. It is intentional. Checkbox visuals are temporary and will be changed in 0.4a.
    Note that changing weapon's butt/middle can shift the grip point. There's nothing I can currently do about it, but since vanilla weapons are also not exactly accurate in making you hold them by the grip, I don't see it as much of a problem. Just sayin'

Also, for FOE personally there now IS a nude floran in the log. Now with 100% more nude florans. Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016