[Weapon] Throwing Cards

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Lavranzo, Oct 24, 2013.

?

Would this be a good idea?

1. Yes, it seems decent!

59.3%
  2. No, it absolutely sucks!

7.4%
  3. I like the idea, but we need more mechanics on it/more info.

25.9%
  4. No, because I'm a hater-ninja.

7.4%
  1. Lavranzo

Lavranzo Pangalactic Porcupine

So, I was just watching a youtube video () and thought; Hey! That could be a weapon in other games than just LoL! So as soon as the idea struck my head, I simply had to go to this forum and post the idea! So this was the introduction I guess. Better move on!

Weapon type: Ranged (Maybe we could fire them out of a Card-Cannon? (To make it seem more futuristic like starbound is.)

Quick attack rate (If from the cannon I mentioned and if not;) Slow attack rate (Perhaps a more early tier weapon then which doesnt require many materials?.)

Medium damage both for the cannon and the hand-thrown cards.

Variants:

Since normal playing cards would do nothing (except as a gag-weapon) there are different enhanced versions of cards:

Cards with steel edges; They can be handthrown since they arent too dangerous to the flesh (/scales/feathers/fur etc.) They do only light damage and are terrible against armored enemies. They are very low-tiered and doesn't require many materials to make.

Cards with platinum edges (or titanium or any other strong kind of metal); They are slightly better than steel, and can also be handthrown. They deal a bit less than a sword but are still quite strong because of their range and their not-too-expensive-ness.

Explosive Cards; Can only be shot from a card-cannon. Deals a decent amount of damage and enemies around the initial target takes 20% of the damage too. Still the cards are quite cheap (relatively speaking).

Laser-Cards; Cards with infused laser. When the cards hit their target they have a chance to set fire to that target. They do between medium and strong damage and aren't as easy to produce as all the other cards but is still relatively cheap. That is relatively to their strength.

And uhmmm... well... I guess I cant come with many ideas other than that >.< (Please help me!)
    [​IMG]

jmlop0 likes this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

Aside from the fact that I don't like the idea to begin with I need to ask, what does it add to the game? Because it just seems like a frivolous LoL reference to me.

4. Lavranzo

What does all weapons add to the game? Adding new dimensions to the game. New accesories, weapons etc. makes the game more...uh... diverse :)

Edit: Besides it isnt a LoL reference. I was actually thinking of "American McGee's Alice" when I thought of the idea.

5. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

*playing card klinks against my armor, I look to the thrower, then I start laughing and rolling on the ground. Then I disintegrate him with my laser rifle*

6. Lavranzo

Low-tier weapon? :) Plus, they could be modified cards, nobody said they should only be normal playing cards :p THey could be cards made out of razor sharp titanium? They could be laser-infused cards? They could be cards with acid sprayed at their razorsharp laser-infused sides shot from a cannon? :) Endless ideas!

7. flippitydip

flippitydip Big Damn Hero

I'm totally OK with this

8. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Heh, it's a reference, but it's not to 'Alice' or 'LoL'....

[​IMG]

9. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Well I feel like it would be more of a gag weapon, unless they were modified or made out of some kind of metal to make them do more damage and not just crumple against any kind of decent armor.

10. Lavranzo

I have also now added that to the original text. Thanks for the suggestion.

KuroHinotori likes this.
  11. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Well, you're welcome I guess. I was thinking more along the lines of actual suggestions for variants rather than acid-spewing titanium laser death. I suppose just plain regular cards could be a gag weapon, maybe even metal ones as a lower-tier.

Lavranzo likes this.
  12. Lavranzo

K, thanks again, added some more info and such. Please be my guest and keep coming with ideas. This helps a lot!

Edit: I must have been tired xD I hope no-one saw what I wrote instead of coming >.>

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    KuroHinotori likes this.
  13. mountaindew

mountaindew Subatomic Cosmonaut

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Lavranzo likes this.
  14. Lavranzo

I approve of this message.

mountaindew likes this.
  15. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

Sort of like Phantasy Star? I faintly remember cards as a weapon.

16. Lavranzo

I never played those games :/ But let me dig into that :)

17. mountaindew

mountaindew Subatomic Cosmonaut

lol. it took me a while to write that. i shoulda used copy/paste on 5 of em but it didnt cross my ind lol

Lavranzo likes this.
  18. warriorexhibition

warriorexhibition Space Spelunker

Probably the only material use would be as a stealth weapon, but even then throwing knives are better.
    Perhaps the advantage is that they don't use energy, but are finite?

19. Lavranzo

Sounds like a brilliant idea

20. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Or maybe...
    [​IMG]
    References aside, I feel like having that many variations of throwing cards is too extensive/complicated. Just the first three, and it would sound like a nice little addition to me, but I think you've gone unnecessarily in-depth with it. That's just my opinion, though. I expect other people to think differently.

Lavranzo likes this.