Weapon Types

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Litagano Motscoud, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

You know how there were prefixes for weapons in Terraria? I think something similar could be incorporated into Starbound.

For example, let's say you made a sword. What if there were certain items you could scavenge for to combine with the sword to make, say, a fire sword that sets enemies on fire? Or an electric sword that paralyzes enemies?

I think this would create a great range of combinations for weapons. What do you think?

2. Cosina

Cosina Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe TiY said that there was going to be over 100,000 types of rocket launchers or something. That each one would be visually and functionally different. Even if slightly. So yes, the developers are planning something like this already.

But i do like the prospect of that electric sword. Zapping something with it sounds fun. Didn't get anything like that in terraria that i know of. O:

3. Litagano Motscoud

That alone made me determined to get this game

4. Cosina

Cosina Subatomic Cosmonaut

*nodnod* I couldn't find the exact quote, but it's a reason why i want to get it, too.

Maybe it would be best to just make this a weapon modification post? After which, i would like to suggest a slime rocket launcher. O: One that shoots out rockets that explode in a gooey mess and slows enemies for a few seconds.
    Edit: This could very easily be applied to a sword as well. But i just like the idea of a gooey explosion.
    (Man, i hate when thoughts come up a second AFTER i hit the post button)

5. Litagano Motscoud

Combining attributes would be cool, too.

There could be a cluster rocket launcher, whose rockets, on impact, blow up into several tiny straight-moving rockets.

Then the heat-seeking rocket launcher, whose rockets seek onto other life-forms.

Then there could be a heat-seeking cluster rocket launcher (with a shorter name, of course) which fires heat-seeking rockets which, on impact, blow up into several tiny heat-seeking rockets.

But the real challenge is making them difficult to get.

But I digress. You get the point. :)

6. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they will have so many weapons and they hinted at an upgrade system. i think we will be set forever with weapons. ^_^

7. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

An upgrade system combined with a couple of variables for Weapon stats and Prefixes could lead to an endless amount of weapons.

8. TheMarineKing

TheMarineKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

If there's that much Item and weapon customization, I Will not buy no more games but this.

9. doused

i know right, i mean borderlands was ok. but it just missed something for me. i think i need nostaligia to play games.

10. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

The problem with Borderlands weapons was that, after awhile, I would find a really awesome weapon and just stick with it the entire time.

I hope that doesn't happen in this game.

doused likes this.
  11. TheMarineKing

TheMarineKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh and a STORM BOLTER!! (or something similar)

12. doused

i think fuseing weapons would change that.

like say for example you get a godly weapon with 20 attack (just example)
    and a same weapon with a poision ability.

what if you could fuse them to get a lesser poison and strong attack, or a lesser attack and stronger poison.

13. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

The main thing I'm excited about is the the possible sheer number of weapons full stop. Combine that with the gargantuan multitude of possible customisations and I want this game to be out yesterday.

the one who and doused like this.