[WebApp] Stardew Checkup -- Achievement & Completion Progress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

This app scans your save file to check progress on all relevant achievements (only the 2 Journey of the Prairie King ones are excluded) and some other "completionist" info such as Grandpa's Evaluation & friendship points. If something is not complete, the app will tell you what is missing.

It was originally released ~9 months ago but I hadn't been active on these forums then, and with a couple of recent updates I figured it was a good time to put up a topic here for feedback. I'm particularly interested in feedback related to the friendship & event summary ("Social" section) since that is the newest stuff and is pretty densely packed which might make it hard to read.

The app is available at https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-checkup/ , and since it reads save file information it is only really useful for those with PC or Mac versions.

iarspider, Honeywell, Phea and 8 others like this.
    • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I love it. I absolutely love seeing what heart events I might have missed. Stylewise, I prefer compact info, just the way it is. :D

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

Your apps are enormously useful, good work.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Oh wow... this one tells you what you still need to craft. That's enormously helpful!!!

• kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

OMG! This is perfect. Thank you so much! ♥

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Suggestion: Add the Rusty Key reward to the museum section. It's easy enough to calculate given the info from the app, if you know it takes a total of 60 items donated, but still. :D
              Great App!

• MouseyPounds

Since I was doing a minor formatting update and it seemed an easy enough thing to add, an entry regarding the Rusty Key requirements is now part of the Museum Collection summary.

margotbean and BentFX like this.
                • MouseyPounds

I tried the 1.3 beta today. The good news is that the only thing noticeably broken when reading a 1.3 save is the heart progress summary. My first priority is to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it without screwing up the processing of older saves. As for new content, see the spoiler below:

Things I anticipate adding to the checker. This list will probably grow.
                  • New heart events for Willy, Linus, Pam (not even sure how to even trigger this one in-game yet), and Jas & Vincent.
                  • Community upgrades (e.g. House for Pam; dunno yet if there are others)
                  • Three new fish
                  • Magnifying Glass & Secret notes list

EDIT: Basic 1.3 support now in and friendship totals are parsed appropriately for both versions. 1.3 content additions still to come.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                    BentFX and margotbean like this.
                  • margotbean

Ah, so the appearance of all marriageable NPCs being reverted to 8 hearts in v1.3 is just appearance, my save file apparently still shows them at 10 hearts max. Good!! :D

• MouseyPounds

Yeah, extra bouquets might be removed now (or how they are noted in the save file has changed -- I'll have to confirm that in-game), but the heart totals weren't lowered.

margotbean likes this.
                      • MouseyPounds

So based on what I see in the decompiled source code for the current 1.3beta, the crafting achievement does require the 4 new items (1 of which is apparently only available in multiplayer), but the fishing achievement is still set at 59 fish types (and there are now 62). I'll be doing some save editing soon for testing, but if anyone has a "legit" save that is close to either of those achievements, I'd appreciate if you posted it here.

margotbean likes this.
                        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I just turned one over. The Fishing achievement did trigger three fish early. I caught the three new fish, and the Master Angler achievement was awarded while I still hadn't caught the Ice Pip, the Lava Eel, or the Legend.

margotbean and MouseyPounds like this.
                          • margotbean

If you verify that single players can't get the crafting achievement, please report it right away! I say this because I'm reeling from the number of bugs I reported with v1.2 that apparently no one on the dev team was aware of, and are still present in v1.3. I'm reporting them now, and they're receiving attention. (My ulcer wants to go on a rant about that, btw, but I'll spare you that.) :D

Edit: Never mind, I reported both bugs. I couldn't wait. The ulcer...

Last edited: May 3, 2018
                            • MouseyPounds

With today's game update (1.3.8), the Wedding Ring is explicitly excluded from the "Craft Master" achievement, so that should be attainable again in single player; I have the app do something similar when checking.

I've pushed out a new version of the app which should correctly check for crafting & fishing achieves in 1.3 as they are currently implemented, includes several of the new relationship events, and also tracks basic progress on secret notes (prerequisite events and which notes have been read).

margotbean likes this.
                              • magusandrus

magusandrus Space Hobo

I think you may want to double check your script, because:

Quests
                                Magus has completed 30000 "Help Wanted" quest(s).
                                • Gofer Achievement (complete 10 quests) requirements met
                                • A Big Help Achievement (complete 40 quests) requirements met
                                This was my result on the scan, and my steam page has shown that I have yet to unlock the "A Big Help" achievement because I am pretty sure I have not completed 30,000 quests on my profile, especially when I am on my third year...

• MouseyPounds

If possible, please attach your save file here. If not possible, which version are you playing on and is the save a multiplayer save (i.e. has cabins)?

• magusandrus

magusandrus Space Hobo

Error with attaching the file here because not have allowed extension. It is the 1.3 Beta with cabins, however, no cabins have been taken by other players. The file has still been played as a single player.

• MouseyPounds

OK, thanks. Yeah, it's what I thought. Basically you have done 30 quests, the 3 other potential players have all done 0, and since the script doesn't understand multiplayer well enough yet it just concatenates everything together into 30000. Should be a fix up in an hour or so. Although I don't need the save this time, in the future you should be able to attach if you zip it first.

• magusandrus

magusandrus Space Hobo

I just transferred all the code onto a basic txt file if you still want to see it just in case

• MouseyPounds

An update was just pushed out, although you may need to restart your browser or clear your cache to see it. If there's still a problem, feel free to attach the text file.