[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. maniac_a

maniac_a Intergalactic Tourist

hi. first off: thanks for writing this awesome piece of software - it makes stardew valley even more fun for me!

i think there is a bug in the mine chests prediction. i was looking forward to an otherwise unobtainable Elf Blade but only got a Steel Smallsword. Id 300186006.

also, i think the most useful further addition would be a prediction of remixed bundles, if that is possible (seems like something that would be based on the random seed alone, right?).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Vile_Exile

Vile_Exile Space Hobo

Hi, I just created an account so I could comment here. First off I wanted to thank you (MouseyPounds) for creating such a wonderful software app. It has proven to be a magnificent time saver/planner for me. Secondly, I was simply curious is if it would be possible to tweak the app to allow for checking of just a base seed without having to take the time create a new save and with either a random seed or a specified seed; then uploading that save file. This idea has impart to do with you mentioning earlier in the forums (2018) of brute force checking seeds for specific resource generation. I realize brute force searching on the scale you did is something that most likely something way to extreme for a web app, requiring way to much processing power that a browser app couldn't provide, but could be possible one at a time or even a few at a time for those like me who neither has the time or the knowledge of the calculations to create a script checker. Regardless of wether its possible or not thank you for all the time and effort you have put forth into this app its still being helpful years later!

• kewlresist

kewlresist Space Hobo

Hi. I am not sure if anyone else is facing this problem but I am having several wrong search results for items in Golden Coconut. When I search for any item the number of golden coconut shown in the result does not have the item which I searched for. Kindly check attached screenshots for better explanation.

Attached Files:

• HopeFox

HopeFox Space Hobo

If anyone still needs to know about the guaranteed Year 1 red cabbage seeds, the date they show up can be read directly from the save file. There is text for it that looks like this:
          <visitsUntilY1Guarantee>6</visitsUntilY1Guarantee>
          The counter decrements every Friday and Sunday, and every night of the Night Market, and on the day it reaches zero, that's the day the red cabbage seeds are in the cart. When I saw the above text in my save file on day 1, I knew that the red cabbage seeds would be in the cart on Spring 21, and so they were.

It should be possible to predict the initial value of visitsUntilY1Guarantee. The code on lines 3858-3870 generates a new Random r from the game ID, then sets visitsUntilY1Guarantee = r.Next(2, 31). That might be relevant for doing a search for a good game ID, but it doesn't matter once you've started the game: the information is right there in the save file.

• BethandMolson

BethandMolson Void-Bound Voyager

This is a fantastic tool, thank you!
            One bug I have noticed - does anyone else find that the mushroom floor predictor is accurate until you reach the bottom of the mines, and then it becomes inaccurate? I've had it happen on two saves now and just noticed the pattern.
            It correctly predicted mushroom floors while I was still exploring, but after I've hit the bottom when I try and visit the floors where mushroom floors are supposed to be they aren't there?

• mat_red

mat_red Space Hobo

Is there a way to export the geode predictions to a spreadsheet in order to view more than 20 at a time and use it to identify optimal seeds?

• Rachel Gardner

Rachel Gardner Space Hobo

Hi Mousey Pounds! I really wanna use this, but for some reason, it won't work. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome. The completion bar just doesn't move at all even if I keep it up for a few hours. I use the operating system Ubuntu 16.04.
                Has anyone else had this problem?

Raine1007 likes this.
                • Dhaniel

Dhaniel Void-Bound Voyager

Hello. Is it possible for you to include as well what community bundles your save file will get with remixed bundles, just like how the Stardew Predictor shows what rewards you will get with remixed mine chests? Thanks!

• souperzombie

souperzombie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm seconding this, I'd really like to find out what kind of remixed bundles I have without waiting almost a full week.

• nekoboi

nekoboi Space Hobo

Does this work for the Xbox save and how do I get my info

• SeisMech

SeisMech Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to predict the location and duration of fishing hot spots?

I most especially have in mind the area around Willy's dock on day 2. An early in the day, long duration hot spot off that dock would make for a super spring board to get your fishing level up very, very quickly. Possibly/probably even for people that find fishing difficult? (I'm assuming the use of the training rod here.)

• Raine1007

Raine1007 Space Hobo

hello, the stardew predictor has said "working" for the past several hours. Is this abnormal?

• Lauriply

Lauriply Space Hobo

Hello guys thanks for the great program- by any chance would it be possible to check the Saloon's daily meal? Would be useful for finding the villager's loved gifts before we can get the recipes.

• MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

And what about mobile users then?

• sindere-chan

sindere-chan Big Damn Hero

The predictor seems to be 100% broken in the newest update. I started a new save file and it's saying I'm on day 0 when I'm on day 19. The items on the geodes table are not in the same order as the ones I've gotten so far, so I can't even just manually track how far I've been.

• Tashiris

Tashiris Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah :cry: Predictor is correct with game version, deepest mine level ( propably with special mine lvl and traveling cart, i'm not sure). But other things are broken:
                                  Tashiris of Meadow Farm (undefined)
                                  Day 3 of Summer, Year 1 (0 days played)
                                  Geodes opened: 0 [corect number is around 20]

• authenticity47

authenticity47 Space Hobo

Yes, not compatible with 1.6 at all. I use the app for mushroom floors and the cave predictions are all incorrect, in both a new and legacy save file.