[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Fury Fairy

Fury Fairy Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, both apps (checkup & predictor) are awesome, please keep up the great work!..
    One wish though: is it possible to include in predictor Gus' (Saloon) daily random stock of dishes? Have no idea whether this IS as 'random' as for Krobus stock, but would be nice to have either. Thanks!

Starbound Sailor Moon likes this.
    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

This has been discussed before. Gus' menu doesn't follow the same randomness algorithm and can't be predicted. I don't know if you're aware, on Saturdays Krobus has good buff meals for cheap. I don't know if they can be predicted, but they're a good value.

MouseyPounds likes this.
      • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

The Saturday food from Krobus is already in this predictor.

And yes, sometimes they're amazing value; even if you don't want them you can sometimes make a quick profit just buying them and selling them again.

BentFX likes this.
        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I hadn't realized this. Thank you and MouseyPounds too. I actually don't use the predictor much anymore. I started using the the Artifact System Fixed mod and it breaks the geode prediction so my main concern for using the predictor, is now non-compatible. I've also concluded that knowing the travel cart inventory cuts into my efforts to relax in the game. I'm not saying the predictor is bad, it's a great tool and MouseyPounds has done well with it, but it doesn't fit as much anymore with how I want to play.

Maybe with Krobus' meals in the app I've got reason to start paying attention to it again? :D

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

So I've discovered that the wallpaper selection at Pierre & Joja Mart appears to be predictable. I've never been one for the wallpaper glitch (and on PC there are far more convenient ways to cheat stuff if you want to), but it's something that could be included. Anyone have an opinion one way or another on that?

One More Day likes this.
            • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

I vote to include. I can certainly understand a player who would not want to use a mod like CJB Items but would like to get specific decor without buying the whole catalogs.

• Ishtadaal

Ishtadaal Void-Bound Voyager

Is the rotating stock at the Stardrop Saloon predictable at all? I know I'd love to be able to save up for whenever Lucky Lunches happen to be in stock, as they're arguably the most useful restorative item in the game.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Or to find the wallpaper that works as a dino egg...!

• MouseyPounds

Unfortunately the RNG seed there includes the number of steps taken so it can't be predicted long-term.

EDIT: Krobus can sell the Lucky Lunch, so you might get some help there, even though that is only useful later on once the Sewers are unlocked. He only sells 5 at a time though, unless you use the bug of his menu resetting every time you talk to him.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
                    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Might talk to the mods about making a sticky topic. :D ;sarcasm;

margotbean likes this.
                      • MouseyPounds

Haha. I did actually update the first post today (the first time in forever) and added a FAQ section with that question. It might help. :laugh:

margotbean likes this.
                        • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

This topic and the one about the Checkup app should DEFINITELY be stickied! Also, I'd like to vote "yes" for wallpaper, even though I'll typically spawn myself a catalogue before buying from Pierre or Jojamart. :p

Saraneth likes this.
                          • MouseyPounds

Oh, I guess I didn't officially announce it, but the wallpaper & flooring selections have been added, complete with icons.

poppilicious, Saraneth and margotbean like this.
                            • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

LOL, I've been working on the wiki more than playing the game for a while, I guess. <sheepish>

• poppilicious

poppilicious Space Hobo

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for all your hard work MouseyPounds.

Do you still have the script you used to bruteforce search for specific cart items/prismatic gems? That outputted this list: https://pastebin.com/yt0eEHtS

I'd love to tweak it to search for some specific items/combinations.

• MouseyPounds

Yeah, here is a copy of the brute force cart searcher (it is written in perl) which I tried to pare down to just the search function and necessary data structures (it had a lot of extraneous bloat since the logic of most predictor functions were tested there first.)

EDIT: Attachment removed due to update; see next post.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
                                    Ceveth, poppilicious and BentFX like this.
                                  • MouseyPounds

I got a request on Discord today for a version of the brute force searcher that would check for multiple copies of an item (specifically 3 apples), so here is an update that allows that.

Attached Files:

Ceveth and squigglyruth like this.
                                    • Hakuna Matata

Hi!
                                      I had a prediction for the Witch on Fall 1, I only have 2 chicken on the (regular) coop so there's room for that, but the witch never showed up.
                                      I ensured not to be opening and closing the game around the date predicted and the wiki says the event can happen in any coop.
                                      Shouldn't I have gotten it according to the predictor? If I share any info, is it useful to check why it did not happen?

• MouseyPounds

She won't drop the void egg on a regular coop - it has to be Big or Deluxe (the wiki wording on this is "any coop upgraded at least once," which might be a bit confusing). Note that even if you have the appropriate level coop with room for more animals and space for the egg on the floor, it's not a guarantee -- it's an 80% chance for each suitable building.

• Hakuna Matata

Ohh then that's it, how the wiki was worded definitely confused me.
                                          Otherwise I would have gone and updated it beforehand :cry:

Thanks!