Question What are your escapes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ursula, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Ursula

Ursula Guest

While I was cooking today I had a thought "Is this my escape?" they're pretty good to do and I love cooking. I'd like to see what yours are and talk about 'em.
    An escape isn't a bad thing. It's just something to take your mind off things. You know things? Those little black squiggly things in Spirited Away.

[​IMG]

Sootballs.

So what's your escape?

Lodish likes this.
  2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i like to daydream in bed about nice things!
    often that just means me imagining being an edgy character.
    "i am so edgy", i think to myself. "omg you're so edgy" the other person replies. "SHUTUP! I'M NOT EDGY!" i think-shout back at them.
    most recently i was being a magic ex-secret agent! and i saved the other person with magic and they are upset because i'm not explaining why the bad guys are bothering us or why i can suddenly use magic.

often i daydream about being a fluffy autistic mute princess who likes to record everything on a camcorder and ignore people who talk to her. she has a youtube channel and all the comments are from confused viewers who think the fluffy people are CGI. "how did u make this" they ask. "i like animals" she replies.

Arra likes this.
  3. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

Something that kicks in the adrenaline :fireball:

4. Ursula

Ursula Guest

Daydreaming is often nice when there's no media around, using your natural TV pretty much.

Your second line made me think of Ami Yamato on YouTube, she does vlogs that confuse people because of the look of her so to speak. You should check her out.
    Have an example?

5. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, riding, shooting, skydiving. Something like that. It's just necessary for me ^^

6. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Music is my escape.

I can actually say Music has saved my life. *no appropriate emoticon to insert*

7. Ursula

Ursula Guest

I think music is one of those things that will stick around forever no matter how much things change or evolve, there'll always be music.

rexicom likes this.
  8. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

And this can either be for better or worse, depending on your taste in it.

9. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I'd say music, while drawing. I just feel so good while doing it I could do it for hours.

I would like to hear that, I'm curious...

10. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I am embarrassed to say, but...Chuzzle. Something about those little blobs of fluff that scream 'hurray' as their eyes go into a flask takes my tension and anger away.

11. Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Books, music, video games.

12. Ursula

Ursula Guest

Any books in specific?

13. lllolller

lllolller Void-Bound Voyager

i was about to go with crying on the shower, but thats 2 edgy
    So my escape is music, anime and cooking. preferably cooking instant (takes me 30 minutes to cook one because of all the things i put in them and the effort too.) noodles, but i absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE laying around my playlist while cooking.

14. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Drawing laser rifle wielding cat squads in space exploration gear. It's hard not to focus on a laser when it's there, you know?

Sometimes attempting to sing, though I sound like what would happen if Rebecca Black were to eat sandpaper for breakfast. That's me.

15. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Thats a cool thing to draw

16. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh you know I do things like all normal people do:newborn sacrifice to Satan,cooking whatever is left of the sacrifice for breakfast oh and video games like all the normal people.

17. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I can never find the right newborn tl sacrifice so i usually stick with goats

18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Goats, children... they're both kids, surely the devil won't mind too much which sort you get?

19. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My neighbors think we live in the Middle Ages and have kids as often as physically possible,it's quite easy to get newborns of you aren't picky

20. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I only take ones that will grow out to become social justice warriors or feminazis