What Do Cats Eat

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by BlackLoki, Aug 16, 2015.

1. BlackLoki

BlackLoki Aquatic Astronaut

Im playing Starbound but i dont know what a cat likes to eat

2. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Best Answer
    Since nobody has given the exact answer yet, here it is:

Every single pet is unique in what it likes. This is because every time you present a consumable item to your pet it has a 50/50 chance of liking the item. After deciding whether it likes the food or not it saves that preference for the future. So the next time you show it that food it will remind you whether it liked it or not.

More pet information can be found here: http://starbounder.org/Pets

3. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Mine eats cooked fish, but try different things. I have a rabbit that will only eat steak so you never know what may turn their turkey.

Peppersnap likes this.
  4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

My snake likes eggs and tomatoes.

5. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

What if you don't want a pet in your ship that makes you feel guilty for not feeding it?

But yeah, I think it's randomized. Isn't it?

6. xSlacker

xSlacker Pangalactic Porcupine

To go with the stereotypical things you see in cartoons: Milk.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They said they may add a Pet Cage to remove starting pet for users who don't want it down the line.

Or

If you don't want a pet - you are free to use my mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/purchasable-pets.2854/

It removes the starting pet as well as lets you choose which starting pet you want.

Sometimes its just better to be proactive and fix issues your self ( especially considering how easy it is to do it ) then just complain about everything.

Jonesy, The MechE and The Squid like this.
  8. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I was about to jump in and say Cat Food.

Until I saw everyone else's comments and thought whether a joking answer would be suitable.

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

My weasel-thing likes carrots and pineapples.

10. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apex? Mine likes tomatoes. And since they're super fast to grow...

The Squid likes this.
  11. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Complaining builds a better game though. It's good to give feedback on both things you like and don't like. It's just complainers are often viewed in a darker light. Anyway, cool mod. I'll keep it in mind when I return to Starbound, but the Giraffe build is just too boring for me right now. I'm sure the upcoming update will be cool though.

On topic, I lucked out with my pet and it turned out to love regular cooked meat you could get with any hunting weapon. I just used that to feed it.

12. BlackLoki

BlackLoki Aquatic Astronaut

Another question how many stars are there because i have a mod and i dont think it works[DOUBLEPOST=1439771112][/DOUBLEPOST]Types of stars

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

There are currently five types of stars; Gentle, Eccentric, Radioactive*, Frozen, and Firey.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  14. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

You forgot Radioactive.

The Squid likes this.
  15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Oops. Knew I forgot something.

16. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

My snake hated coffee cake, but loves meat scraps? I just wanted to treat you nice you ungrateful serpent!

17. Pyanfar

Pyanfar Phantasmal Quasar

Personally, I prefer steak, medium rare =~_^=

18. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

My snake loves corn. Guess that makes it a corn snake.

19. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Best Answer
    Since nobody has given the exact answer yet, here it is:

Every single pet is unique in what it likes. This is because every time you present a consumable item to your pet it has a 50/50 chance of liking the item. After deciding whether it likes the food or not it saves that preference for the future. So the next time you show it that food it will remind you whether it liked it or not.

More pet information can be found here: http://starbounder.org/Pets

20. Gamercat99

Gamercat99 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Haha my cat likes pizza, tomatoes, stuffed tomatoes, mash potatoes, and meat chunks. :kitten2:

21. Rejoker

Rejoker Aquatic Astronaut

My cat liked milk, but he didnt drink it for some reason, do i like put it in a cat bowl or something?