Modding Help What happens with updates?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sweetangel20, Mar 10, 2016.

1. sweetangel20

sweetangel20 Starship Captain

So the game just updated to 1.05, are mods broken simply from the update or if it's just changes that the mod changes?

• Apollobound

Apollobound Void-Bound Voyager

Some of my mods are working, some aren't. Time still remains paused while indoors, but the speed mods all reset after a few seconds. Outdoor time speed is back to the normal pace, instead of slowed down.
      Walking everywhere is torture. As far as I can tell, the fishing mods are completely broken as well.

• sweetangel20

sweetangel20 Starship Captain

Damn, And that's the one I have. I have the easier fishing, show sales price in inventory, animal crossing dig spots, sprint, and stamina regen. :(

• Apollobound

Show sales price is still working, and I think that Dig Spots is still working as well. Haven't seen one yet since the patch went live.

• shlebby

shlebby Intergalactic Tourist

I have the easier fishing mod and mine still seems to be working. Maybe try downloading the file again?

• GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

All storm mods doesn't work for now

• LittleNerdyOTAKU

LittleNerdyOTAKU Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The relationship editor thingy is broken as well. it will still show you what hearts you're at and where they are located on the map, but it won't allow you to edit their hearts.

• Apollobound

Is there anything that we can do in the future to prevent a sudden update from breaking everything? Non-steam version of the game, or blocking updates somehow? (It's how I've handled Minecraft for years, but Minecraft isn't on steam, so I can at least choose if/when it updates.)

• deaknaew

deaknaew Big Damn Hero

Only thing can do is Backup Stardew Valley.exe

ps. have to prevent Game1.performTenMinuteClockUpdate()

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
                    • FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

STORM is completely broken and I can't even launch the game with it. I can't even find the friggin' forum thread for it because for some reason the mods decided to make an area for every single type of mod but the one required to use any of the damn things.

KamiCrit likes this.
                      • Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

Storm and subsequently storm mods will likely break each update. The good thing about storm though is that once storm is fixed the mods will work again too, unlike with SMAPI where the Mods use GameCode directly and would have to be fixed.
                        That said, storm is still pretty WIP and those mods may break here and there too.

• arcticalex

arcticalex Void-Bound Voyager

What a pity, only thing that's broken for me is the set_speed command in SMAPI which resets after about 5 seconds .-. I have around 5 other mods and they're all working fine, I hope someone finds a fix.