What is up with Novakids

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by flibergdde, Jan 18, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flibergdde

flibergdde Subatomic Cosmonaut

Or what is down, but WHAT ever (I've got to stop doing that :p)
    I've noticed there is no novakid lore, villages, dungeons, or anything really. Also, someone removed all the Novakid racial descriptions from the wiki. So what is going on? (I did it again :p)

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

No one has removed Novakid descriptions, they're a more recent addition to the game and it looks like the wiki templates haven't been fully updated for them yet.

3. dareddevil7

dareddevil7 Pangalactic Porcupine

I wish you luck on your voyage to otter space

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

The novakid are a extra race that was added as part of starbounds stretch goal. They are basically a race clipped on the existing starbound universe. They were also the last race to be added.

While their lore and stuff will likely be added over time, its unknown if they will have all of the stuff the original races will have (since they are a "extra/bonus").

5. dareddevil7

Or secretly they are the most important race who are responsible for the creation of the gates, and then peaced out to go be cowboys and lose history to space

6. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Could be, but it seems unlikely.

7. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Considering how neglectful the precursor species was, it would be really in-character. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be confirmed.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  8. Dunto

Dunto Guest

This section is for discussing the Wiki. You're welcome to discuss the game itself in the Starbound Discussion forum.

9. dareddevil7

Sorry, I saw the thread in recently posted and didn't see what board it was on

10. Shanatronn

Shanatronn Tentacle Wrangler

Heh. I know right? It's a new race that's been into the game just recently to celebrate a major milestone. if you read further, it'll say why they implemented Novakids into the game. Either that, or my memory fails me once again. I also remember that Novakids was an idea given by one of the players of starboard, so they are relatively new

11. dareddevil7

Actually, I've noticed that npcs have dialog for a novakid PC, but none of it is in the place for what npcs say to novakid players. (E.G. "How can you sneak when you're made of lightsss?" Floran npc talking to novakid PC.)

12. Vospier

Vospier Void-Bound Voyager

Would it not be possible that the Novakids are the descendants of the original Precursors, newly awakened? Hence no mention of them from before.

Meh. I'd wait patiently for v1.0 to see if any lore comes up.

flibergdde likes this.
  13. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.