1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

What is your FAVORITE PASSIVE UPGRADE?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Restarter000, May 9, 2013.

1. Restarter000

Restarter000 Intergalactic Tourist

Exactly as title says.
    Do you love the Toxic Worm and Barbed Wire while running through mobs?
    Can you just not get enough flames with Fireman's Boots and Gasoline?
    Or do you just love explosions with Behemoth and Auto Missiles?

Personally, I think all these are awesome, but my favorite's have got to be Leeching Seed and Infusion.

What's yours?

• Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

My favorite passive upgrades:
      • Ukulele
      • Brilliant Behemoth
      • Gasoline
      I just love things that increase effectiveness versus crowds. You shoot one full metal jacket through a group of 40-50 enemies and they all go BOOM.

Faelwyn and Draken09 like this.
      • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

The Brilliant Behemoth is probably the item I'm always most happy to find, but there's just something about the Barbed Wire that just makes it extremely satisfying and hilarious to stack. Especially when you get a lot and it ends up like this.

[​IMG]

• pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

I personally enjoy Paul's Goat something or other. Increased movement speed is great.
          Tack on the Worm, Barbed Wire, and fireman's boots, and the Miner can push in and out of a crowd for massive damage.

• Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Fireman's boots .

• yaomon17

yaomon17 Tentacle Wrangler

Jetpack. Double jump + Jetpack is too OP :D

• Regulith

Regulith Void-Bound Voyager

I'm quite fond of the Toxic Centipede. It may not be considered the most powerful or useful item out there by most but I love it.

• Bluerooste42

Bluerooste42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Of course, the Brilliant Behemoth. And my new favorite, the Happiest Mask (spawns ghost on kill).

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Behemoth is a really good base upgrade. There are lots of great synergies with it.

• Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

Ceremonial Dagger seems pretty underrated, but since it activates on kill, it can start chain reactions on low-health mobs and spawn a ridiculous amount of spirit bolts.

Edit: Also, the Heaven Cracker. That Gurren Lagann reference.

Salem_1337 likes this.
                      • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the Soldier's Syringe, because no matter which character you play as - except for maybe the Bandit - there's always a great use for it. Han-D becomes insane when he gets a lot of those.

And wow, Crimbo Hardstyle - you had ten Lensmaker's Glasses?! You must have been doing an insane amount of damage.

• Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Oh man, nevermind...

Burning Witness + Skull Ring + Soldier's Syringe.

You become unstoppable.

Tack on an Alien Head and its ridiculous.

• pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

Whenever I collect my tenth set of glasses, it always resets the count to 5 :\

• Salem_1337

Salem_1337 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Heaven Cracker (for this item I played alpha, not beta) for mentioned Gurren Lagann reference (as I'm big TTGL fan as you can see on my avatar :D), but the most fun gives me Rusty Jetpack, the higher jump is very valuable

• Shrooblord

Put it up in the bug report thread. ;)

I once had two Skull Rings and three Alien Heads. That was funny.

• betasword

betasword Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, I've gotta ask. How do you get so many items? I've never gotten past level 2, but I also usually end up with maybe 7-10 items, if I'm lucky, by the time I get that far. Are you just letting time go so you can spawn a bunch of bosses to kill repeatedly? Or is there something else I'm missing?

As far as items, though, I definitely enjoy the Infusion, the healing mushrooms, and the Ceremonial Dagger. Get even 2 of the mushrooms, and standing still for a couple seconds completely heals you. Infusion should be obvious. And the ceremonial dagger... I just like the chain reactions it can create. I can only imagine how getting a bunch of them at the same time would make that even more entertaining.

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I just keep killing stuff, buying items, and progressing through levels. That screenshot is from the demo, so levels were just looping and I can't say for certain exactly how far I was, but at a guess I was probably at least 5-6 levels in at that point.

• Shrooblord

Just had a run with Han-D where I had three Attack Drones Mk IIs, one Laser Drone and one Healing Drone. The knockback from the drones' fire impact was so high it actually kept all enemies at a distance. Quite effective.

• betasword

betasword Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, addition to mine. Soldier's Syringe + Commando = Wall of fire. Get, like, 3 of those things, and the default fire becomes just about as fast, if not faster than Suppressing Fire. It's an awesome sight to behold.