1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite planet type?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aethio, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Aethio

Aethio Void-Bound Voyager

If the planet you love most is a modded planet or not even in any game, that's fine too.. I just want to hear opinions. Why do you like your favorite planet? What makes it special to you? Why that planet over others?

If your planet isn't even in the game, please suggest others. I personally love highly stormy planets with large seas and cold regions.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Garden and forest planets are always nice, especially when there's rain. I also have a soft spot for ocean planets, though I wish there were more to the tropical islands than just a hunk of sand floating in the middle of the sea. I'd probably enjoy desert planets more as well, if it wasn't for the sandstorms causing buildups of loose silt.

3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

arctic and lush, i think

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Any planet with a lot of trees; like the jungle or forest. I just love nature, and a forested area usually is to brim of it; teaming with life and instinct. I also like the jungle and forest music as well a few other lower tier planets. I am one to turn a volcanic planet into a jungle.

5. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oceanic planets are my favorite, I love exploring them with my submarine, feels so immersive and relaxing, also the hylotl underwater cities are my favorite type of structure in the game

6. DJ Ice

DJ Ice Tentacle Wrangler

Tundra Forest and Ice I always love the cold and idk if this counts but i also like moons low gravity is super fun to play around with especially if you terraformed the moon to a forest or something

7. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tabula Rasa and Eden planets...So relaxing.

8. PaxCallow

PaxCallow Void-Bound Voyager

i'm partial to savannah! also, desert, garden, and i know it's a mini-biome, but i love the spring biome.

also the oasis. shoot, i like a lot of biomes.

9. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

All you guys are nature lovers!

The REAL business is the hot and dry Scorched Cities! I mean, look at those highrises and apartments that totally haven't been burnt off!

I don't know whats with me and apocalyptic sceneries and death. I find the ruins of civilization quite relaxing. A city once teeming with life, now decaying and rusting away as nature fails to takeover due to the extreme heat and the few hostile inhabitants hell-bent on killing you. Gets even better when I mod in some Artillery Strikes to up the stakes!

Aethio and SneakyBox like this.
  10. Vetpetmon

Vetpetmon Void-Bound Voyager

Lightless sphere, random/unknown (from Frackin' Universe) and ocean planets are my favorite planets!

Imagine beaming down onto an unknown planet and exploring its weird generation that S.AI.L. does not describe much about it other than the ore, weather, and threat level. Now THAT is what I want out of a game about space exploration.

Also, ocean planets are nice to build cities on, if you're going for more of that stunning "Island nation" aesthetic.

11. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like ocean planets, too bad you can't magma planets into ocean planets. I'd be building my colony there.

12. Jilly Bob the Third

Jilly Bob the Third Star Wrangler

I like lush
    reason:
    less trees, more flatlands
    I'm an architect so flatlands are good for building.

I also like winter planets:
    reason:
    I honestly don't know why I like winter planets so much.

13. Blevruz

Blevruz Phantasmal Quasar

Big fan of poison planets, if only for the challenge of setting up there.
    The ocean floor is kind of beautiful too.

14. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

Any planet that plays the track "Crystal Exploration 1"

15. donknowdawae

donknowdawae Void-Bound Voyager

Aether seas and aether/liquid protocite/liquified crystal seas the colors almost make me enter an state of trance.

KrimeFyta likes this.
  16. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

I like toxic sea and flesh biomes because they are so weird and alien. I like mutant planets because how colorful and strange, but not nightmarish like flesh and toxic biomes. I especially like lots of trees and I love steamsprings biome cause' it's like the 18th century.

KrimeFyta and donknowdawae like this.
  17. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

Frozen planets are my favorite (the backgrounds on them i think look very beautiful)

donknowdawae likes this.
  18. Jaeger2S

Jaeger2S Space Hobo

toundra and decayed are my favorite

19. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I like any planet that play the "Inviolate" sound track. It's always challenging there, perfect for a battle-ready outpost.

donknowdawae likes this.
  20. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Arctic planets, as not only I generally like cold places, but also because they're the highest-tier planet at which you can actually put colonies without getting damaged by meteorites.
    In FU, however, it's Atropus worlds, due to being nightmarish.