Chat What was the worst date you ever went on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PikachuInTheShower, Nov 13, 2016.

1. PikachuInTheShower

PikachuInTheShower Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having just gotten back home from a crappy date (not the worst I've had, but definitely enough to irritate the senses). I'm just wondering about some of ya'lls crazy stories. :3

2. SterlingC

SterlingC 2.7182818284590...

I don't really have a crazy date story. But I do have a crazy date story in a cute way.

So there was a girl who I met at a local conference last year. I saw her sit on a piano bench alone. I guess she wanted to play on the piano, but she wasn't I walked up to her and asked if she had ever played the piano before. She said she's a regular pianist. I decide to say, "hey I'm a pianist too!" and I start to play on the piano for her. She was polite but didn't say much cause she was shy and I figured she wasn't interested in me. But I thought playing on the piano was fun anyway.

Fast-forward to the day after the conference ended. I add her on Facebook and we talk for a bit. We participated in small talk at best, and sometimes she never responded to my messages. I even left a message alone about films that she never responded to. At this stage, I could tell she wasn't interested in me. Or at least, so I thought. In the spring, we had an end-of-year banquet that celebrated our (unofficial) graduations from our respective programs. I came, and she was there. I didn't pay attention to her other than that she existed because I knew she wasn't interested, and I had my eyes on another girl who didn't come. Suddenly, she jumps right at me where I sat alone and we start talking. We had a lot of small talk going on, but it quickly changed to a lot of discussion about us in general.

This is where the crazy date comes in. Just an hour after I left the banquet and gave her a light hug to end the event, she messages me on Facebook and asks me out on a date after some serious complimenting. I still have her message too. I eagerly accept for the next week after I was done work. We have our usual tea date, with all the talking and the giggling and stuff. Then came the end, where I decide to ask her why she asked me out and why she was very profuse with her compliments. She got really shy (giggling, a light blush, the usual shy behaviour) and after a few minutes, she admits she likes me. That was the craziest moment in the date because I never believed that a girl would ever like me, let alone ask me out first and say it at my face.

Since then, we've gone out for dinner, gone on trail walks, she's watched me play soccer, and we Skype once to twice a week as she's now in Japan. She'll be back in Canada in 1-2 years, so when she gets back and when our lives get together, we'll probably take a huge step towards all that mushy stuff. Not that we're not mushy now, but we're taking it slow. Anyway, this is all about my best (and worst) date as it was my first one.

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

It was kind of a blind date thing. It started at my sister's during a party and the guy showed up. We went to the bar nearby for (more) drinks. I drank way too much. Like seriously too much alcohol. Ending up puking all over myself and the guy. He took it well though. Still, I was super embarrassed the next day when I saw him.