1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you were turned into a Novakid?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ohaxer, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ohaxer

Ohaxer Aquatic Astronaut

what WOULD you do?

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i would probably explode.

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Using my body to fry ham

Thrifty K likes this.
  4. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Go to night parties

5. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

figure out what to do with my new pwoers

6. Ohaxer

Ohaxer Aquatic Astronaut

I would hide and hope that nobody finds me

7. DefinitelyNotRelevant

DefinitelyNotRelevant Space Spelunker

Attempt to hang myself and fall through since I'm made up of gas, forget what I'm doing and see the rope and go, "Hey, why not?" Repeat process.

8. Ohaxer

Ohaxer Aquatic Astronaut

technically......since you were human i bet you would have a better memory

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  9. Negative Infinity

Negative Infinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It shouldn't matter if you were Human beforehand, if you're being turned into a Novakid you would also get their memory and attention span. So yeah, I'd end up forgetting my Human life and go 'adventuring.'

10. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Novakids have a fine memory and attention span, they have a problem with rigid structure and are hands-on learners. Give them a technical schematic and they're lost, give them a starship and they'll tear it apart, figure out how it works, and improve it.

It's their focus on being independent tinkerers that keeps them from advancing technologically as a people.

11. Negative Infinity

Technically since we don't have a lot of information on Novakids we don't know for certain whether they have bad attention spans and memory, or if the are just super independent tinkerers as you said. I'm just quoting the wiki, which as I just said, doesn't give much in the ways of lore.

12. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The guy who came up with them clarified this point in a post that's been shared here a few times, but I'm on mobile so I don't have easy access to it at the moment.

13. Negative Infinity

I haven't read the post that you're talking about (if you could link it later I'd read it). I've read that the Starbound dev team has chosen to use some but not all of the original creator's lore for them (hence the two ideas on their attentions spans, etc.)
    I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just using the lore that Starbound uses, not the lore that the creator made. Though, now that I think about it, I should read the original creator's lore on them as well. (Again, if you could link it that'd be helpful.)

14. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

probably just do whatever i tend to do normally lol except i also end up forgetting things, plus having to get used to that

15. Inferus[RF]

Inferus[RF] Pangalactic Porcupine

I think all the shortened attention span would be nonexistent, but converted to more procrastination in my case.