1. These forums have moved. You can find the community for Lenna's Inception on Reddit or joining the developers on Discord.

What would you like to see in beta3?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tccoxon, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

I'm planning to release a small incremental update next week in beta2, which will mainly be refinements over what's already there (and I'm adding the shop as well).

I was thinking for beta3 I would like to add the palace and the little bit of storyline that happens there at the beginning of the game. Is there anything you would like to see added to the game soon?

I had a few ideas:
    • Randomized potions
    • A pet evolution that makes the chicken a fearsome beast
    • A new pet - either an owl or a cat

jude24to25 likes this.
    • minnymin3

minnymin3 Master Chief

Randomized drops when you kill a monster

jude24to25 likes this.
      • Jetter

Jetter Subatomic Cosmonaut

The ability to swing your sword to hit the bottom-left quadrant. It really bugs me that you can't >.>

• tccoxon

Part of the fun for me is figuring out how best to cover that weakness. Use the walls and objects in the room to your advantage.

There is a sword upgrade that will let you hit that quadrant though. It should appear around level 5 or 6.

• Finn Learson

Finn Learson Lettuce Bring Peace!

Such a hard question, I don't know what all it is you want to put into the game!

• Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

NPCs that appear randomly. Some should be shopkeepers and others should be quest-givers. Make the quests have decent rewards like good potions or items. The shopkeepers should sell you rare items that will aid you in your quests. -- I'll turn this into a full thread with tons more details I guess.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
                Ashen, tccoxon and Finn Learson like this.
              • AeolianGames

AeolianGames Tentacle Wrangler

Is there any intention of adding some multiplayer content at some point? I don't really expect that in beta 3, as it's a rather large request, but I was curious. I'd imagine it has been mentioned somewhere before, and I'm just oblivious.

• tccoxon

I'm not planning to add multiplayer. This project's already ambitious enough for a solo developer! :D

You can compete against other players via the challenges though, and I am considering adding a way for multiple people to play with the same seed.

@TomatoMaster: NPCs are in Beta3: http://gfycat.com/ImpressionableGrizzledCockerspaniel

Most talk, a few sell rare items, and others give you something they found on the floor.

• Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

Cool. My favorite line is the one about the heart in a box.

tccoxon likes this.