What's the archaic energy source?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Oraiu, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

I'm on the getting started quest and i've gotten around 40 core fragments... If it's not that, then.. what is it I need to get?

2. Derstin

Derstin Space Hobo

The same thing is happening to me. Maybe the quest is bugged - the description just says to use the teleporter?

3. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

Finally found it, check the planet's surface

4. Derstin

Derstin Space Hobo

is it actually an item called "archaic energy"? or did you just use the magnifying tool?
    --- Post updated ---
    Ha! Never Mind, just found it.

5. promptx

promptx Space Hobo

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU FIND?

It's infuriating looking this up on the internet trying to find help and the answer is "oh I found it nvm". JUST SAY WHAT YOU NEEDED TO FIND JESUS CHRIST YOURE NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAD THIS ISSUE AND OTHER PEOPLE APPRECIATE YOU ANSWERING THE QUESTION YOU HAD WHEN YOU CAME HERE

6. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Theres a compass arrow at the quest icon. It shows you where to go. The "archaic energy" S.A.I.L discovered is indeed the teleporter found on the starter planets surface.

Also, don't trust the internets when it comes to starbound, most of the info is from pre 1.0 and no longer accurate.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  7. PocketNova

PocketNova Master Chief

It's a very large structure as well so if you stick to the surface you'll come across it eventually. Step on the pad at the center.
    (picture)

8. Mking666

Mking666 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you all very much