Question What's the dumbest thing you've seen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheWorstPersonEver, Jul 28, 2017.

1. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

The title says it all. What is the dumbest thing you've ever seen? I don't mean dumb things in videos, I mean things you've seen IRL.

I think one of the dumbest things I saw was on a cigarette box, where it basically said:

"Smoking increases the chance of you becoming blind."​

Then it linked to a website on how to stop smoking. Now, I know smoking is bad, and I don't smoke, but come on. IT WAS ON A CIGARETTE BOX. It's like they were trying to stop people from buying their products.

Still, leave what you think was the dumbest thing you ever saw in the replies.

2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

How local american government works. There's numerous thing.s

But, I'd have to say how people drive here.

I've been in the car of somebody who's driven a distance in the oncomming lane... disregarding the friegt trucks that threaten to take out the right isdeo f the vehicle.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Guy gets told to get into position with his rifle and to engage targets as they pop up (army excercise, for those still wondering). He does that, and quite frankly, he's good, so he gets told to get up. He does that - literally does that. Basically swept a loaded rifle, with still over 15 rounds in it, one in the chamber, over our group. Nothing happened though, but still, it was kinda dumb, because by then all of us had a tour behind us. Our instructor was... well, not amused. I'd normally quote what he said, but I'd break, like, all the forum rules I guess.

4. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What's the dumbest thing I've ever seen?
    My face...

But seriously... I saw one guy, who decided to cross railroad truck... without looking if train isn't approaching and with earbuds in his ears. It was right on local train station.
    Damn... all of his guardian angels stood by him at this moment! He was incredibly lucky, because once he climbed on opposite platform, one second after the high-speed train passed through station.
    His reaction? He ignited cigarette, laughed, and walked out. 'brutal facepalm'
    Sadly, he isn't the only one who risk his life for such dumb things as is to save two minutes of walk. Several people didn't crossed the railroad truck in time... Worst thing is, that we have a safe passageway beside the railroad trucks, and people still pretend, that it doesn't exist.

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  5. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Living near a very small town, I've lost count of the times I've seen people do 'the dumbest thing' ever.

6. TheWorstPersonEver

Wait, what? There's so much dumb crap you forgot how many times it happened..?

May God have mercy on your soul, dude. :nurusad:

7. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

It's amazing the stupid stuff I see everyday. It's hard to believe people are that stupid.

8. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree that "smoking causes DEATH AND CANCER AND MORE DEATH AND DOUBLE CANCER" on every pack of cigarettes is dumb. Because every smoker thinks that he'll gain superpowers through smoking, but no, it actually isn't good for your health. And I'm sure that after reading this they will immediately stop smoking.

So anyway when I had a street cleaning job some dude got piss drunk during his first day of work, they found him sleeping on a bench. Other guy also got hammered in the middle of work, took his bike to get back home and immediately fell at least five times. He refused to walk on foot or even take off his work jacket for some reason. There's also my neighbor who's a calm dude when he's sober, but after few beers he just screams on top of his lungs, yelling stuff like "F*********CK". He's usually alone when doing that, no idea who he's yells at.
    TL;DR - Drunken dudes

I did the dumbest thing I know of, but that's not something to talk about on a public forum if you know what I mean. It involves finding homemade stuff literally left in a ditch.

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

The classic one: "I'm so important that when I cross the road, surely all cars will stop, even if those cars are going at 70 km/h, amaright?"

10. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you live in France ? Cause we have the same thing here , plus 1 box of cigarettes is at least 10euros , starbound cost 14 ... I see a problem

D.M.G. likes this.
  11. TheWorstPersonEver

Nah, I live in England.

plus I think I got Starbound for 15.99

12. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I live in France and we have the same problem here with cigarettes the gov is trying to make people stop using them but now more people buy them illegaly cause it's less expensive

I_am_the_Storm likes this.