What's The Most Saltiest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You In A Video Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machupichu18, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I "maxed out" my characters in the Sims 3 to the point where I can easily manipulate everyone. The problem is that half of the population is completely bugged out.
    Some kind of a wild horse/misty cat spawns and gets stuck. Every sim that interacts with it also gets stuck. Sim that tries to interact with bugged sim gets stuck too. I had massive groups of people constantly standing on the street for weeks, just staring at a cat.

As a good and caring citizen I tried to shoot this thing to free the town from its buggy curse. Nope, didn't help. I shot some bugged sims too, but the Grim Reaper didn't even appear and now I have smelly bodies in front of my house. Also, werewolves are ugly. I expected something like anthropomorphic wolf. I guess it's completely random who becomes a witch or a fairy after installing the DLC, because I see many old, overweight balding people with wings. That's exactly what I imagine when I think of fairy or a witch. Old and balding fat guy in casual clothes.

Extra Skyrim salt: followers (both vanilla and properly modded) that get stuck every few minutes, sometimes they don't know what to do when someone is attacking me. They will react only when some bandit gives them mace to face treatment. "Huuuuuh? I don't know why you are fighting with this guy... huh huh. Oh, he kind of sort of attacked me too. I guess I'll fight back, huh huh". Then I'm getting tired of this and I'm giving them mace to face treatment until they stop moving.
    Now Lydia. She attacks me when I commit a crime, even when I'm obviously more powerful than her and we're in the middle of wilderness. She's a prime example of Stupid Good alignment.

@RenaldiForumStar Sergal.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Ashen and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

@Katkill, I'm curious: what is your avatar photo supposed to be?

A hairy shark or a sergal?

3. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Definitely a sergal.

A very, very scary looking one.

4. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Recent salt was over Uncharted Collection.

Console was set to my native language. Game downloaded with dubbing. I didn't like it, and tried to change it to english. Game didn't download that. Wouldn't start a new game. Had to change console language to english and download the entire game again. 40gb+...

First time a game left me salty right from the main menu...

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

*pats you on back*
    Welcome to the salt sanctuary...

BloodyFingers likes this.
  6. BloodyFingers

There is a Ps4 game called Salt & Sanctuary, right? It is a 2D Souls-like so I'd imagine the name is well earned.

7. Jareix Cryvix

It's for PC as well... It's like dark souls but [2D and different names and assets] and then the differences end... I've played it at my friends house... The salt is real... But at least you can gain your salt back by killing your killer...

BloodyFingers likes this.
  8. BloodyFingers

You would think that getting killed would give you more salt, instead of less...
    The cheaper the death, the more salt you should get.

-edit-
    That reminds me, wasn't there a game project where the difficulty would ramp up the angrier you get? It would monitor your vital signs, likely heart rate and blood pressure, with some sensors. They said it would condition players to keep it cool so they could clear the game, but I could see a few gamers NEVER finishing that one up...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  9. Evil_Lee03

Evil_Lee03 Aquatic Astronaut

i was modding minecraft being the good little mage I was I went peacefully into the nether looking for valuable ores,so I see some up above so I hop on my broom and fly over there but then a ghast launches fireballs at me,I dodge,dodge again,kill it but in all the fuss I crash and fall into a lava pit losing all my stuff :zzz:

10. Falcon Blue-Sky

Falcon Blue-Sky Void-Bound Voyager

The most saltiest thing that happened to me in a game? Well, I'll had to say, I've had a LOT of salty moments. I'll list a few:
    1. I was playing a game of "Legend of Zelda the Ocarina of Time" and I got up to the Shadow Dungeon in Master Mode. I was doing really well when I found a small key. I went to a locked door and used the key. Inside the room there was a small chest, I opened it... and guess what was inside? A green rupee, the most common type of currency in the game, so common if fact, that you can cut grass to get them! I couldn't find any other small keys in that dungeon so i couldn't progress. So then I had to reset my WHOLE Master Mode save.
    2. I was playing Cookie Clicker (http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/) and I was doing SO well and i accidentally wipe saved.
    3. I have much more others but I'll make this my last: I was playing FNaF 2 and I got up to night 4 (which is pretty good for me!) and I opened the game to play. My cursor was hovering over "New Game" and I accidentally pressed the enter key on my keyboard and... well... it reset. :cry:
    Thanks for letting me share!
    Falcon

Jareix Cryvix and Sgt.fox170 like this.
  11. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Behold the epic tale of the most bullshit thing that has ever happened to me so far:

Yesterday i was playing ARMA 3 Exile mod, which is like Epoch mod but you have the option to buy things with (rather hard earned) money instead of having to find everything. Basically these two mods make ARMA 3 into a mostly survival game a bit like DayZ, but more difficult, and with many many more guns, and base building.
    Also keep in mind the server reboots every 6 hours to reset wild vehicles (the ones you find randomly and sell) and some other stuff. When that happens, corpses and unlocked vehicles disappear.
    Also, there are only few cities where you can spawn, in a parachute at 1000m of altitude (you can open the parachute anytime), in prisoner clothes and with a water bottle.

Now as i said you can buy/sell things in Exile, from one of the three safe zones in the rather large island of Altis. Yesterday we decided to build a base inside a hangar, next to one of the safe zones, and we did. But then we needed to buy code locks so people couldn't open our doors.
    I went to the closer safe zone and to my horror there was none. I had to go to the main one at the big airfield, 12km away.

It was a rather long and boring trip, i went to the safe zone and bought 2 code locks for a grand total of 10000 ingame $ (half as much as you get by selling a very expensive truck that appears once in forever and you have to fight the whole server and bots for). I bought some food and water (for like 60$) and jumped back on my quadbike and was doing the trip back. It was raining, by the way.

There were now 15 minutes left to the restart, enough to make it to our base and place the locks. I was rolling fast, past a bridge, and rolled a bit more until i was struck by lightning. The wheels of my quad blew right off, in the middle of the road. I thought i'd just disconnect and come back after the reboot, but then i heard hope. That hope was in the form of a car, and there it was! Bots driving the fastest car in the game were not far behind me. I'm used to stealing cars from bots, so i stood in the middle of the road and was about to shoot them still in their car. But remember the bridge i had just passed? It turns out bots can't drive over it, so they went out of the road, crashed into a bush, and immediately the passenger got out and shot me with the BS accuracy that bots have. And i died. My face went from :3 to D:, but i could still make it, 12 minutes before the restart.

I spawned in the nearest city, which was still 3km away. And for the next 12 minutes my only thoughts were "shit...shit...oh shit...", i was running frantically in the city looking for a bike. I found one after a while, but as i got closer i saw it was actually some metal...thing that for some reason was sticking right out of the middle of the goddamn road where bikes usually are. After a longer while i found a real one and started driving (i knew that place due to my many deaths so i did not need a map). I was pedaling hard when miracle miracle! Another fast car along the road! And with no bots as well. I took it and went straight for my corpse (100km/h faster than with the bike) and when i made it the timer was showing 0:00 (less than one minute), i had just enough time to get my stuff back (ghillie suit, gun with scope and ammo, night vision goggles, and most importantly the code locks) and then No message received.

Victory! i made it! But after the many bras d'honneur i made in direction of the server, i had a horrible realization.
    The server saves the players about 2 minutes before the restart.
    And sure enough, when i joined after the reboot, i was in the middle of the airfield, pretty much exactly where i was 2 minutes before, without the car, with prisoner clothes and a water bottle, and the corpse was gone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    Higuera, Jareix Cryvix and Lodish like this.
  12. Jareix Cryvix

My god... You've been through some serious shit... That's more BS than coming back to rust and finding literally everything has been stolen and destroyed... Not even the foundations were left...

Higuera likes this.
  13. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

KSP:That moment when you realize your mining lander has no engine and has 0 landing capabilities(Except for Gilly) after burning literal hours maneuvering and thrusting...

HueHuey likes this.
  14. Jareix Cryvix

My god... i am never letting my sister touch my computer again...
    SHE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ALL OF MY DUNGEON OF DREDMOR SAVES!
    (Which is like, two... And one of them was permadeath anyway, but I am pissed about the other one... I had so many bolts of mass destruction, full super enchanted clockwork boilerplates, dual clockwork ravagers, and an amazing clockwork rail launcher...)

Higuera and HueHuey like this.
  15. HueHuey

That would never happen to me.
    Surely in the million times i must redesign my rocket so it doesn't become spaghetti or run out of power i would notice.

Then i would still run out of power because i only put those radioactive things on the rocket and not the lander

Higuera likes this.
  16. Snipes8117

Snipes8117 Void-Bound Voyager

The most salty moment that I can say happened to me in a game would have to be learning there was a new game+ to hyper light drifter.

Extra: I just wanted to add one of the most emotional points in a game for me, and I'd give that to the entirety of The Lost Odyssey

17. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't really remember the most saltiest, don't even know if I had such moments.

But the most recent and huge disappointment in video games I've had was Robocraft's development. In a year the game tumbled down into a 'pay to win', unbalanced and money-hungry piece of crap.

Arra likes this.
  18. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

One time I somehow deleted my 48 level character in Skyrim...

Arra likes this.
  19. HueHuey

Metalsmith had a mood and wanted metal bars, i was very far from having any at the moment and was saved miraculously by a caravan.
    My fort is thriving, i have money, my dorfs are happy, and of all the people, who did the vampire suck dry? yes! the legendary metalsmith!
    Who is the vampire? why, the mayor of course.
    You want some fucking furniture in your office so you can mandate more useless shit? i hope you like spears.

And crocodiles.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  20. BloodyFingers

I should be salty about how DOOM 2016 Nightmare difficulty is brutalizing me. But the game is either too fun for me to complain or the alcohol in my bloodstream whenever I play it won't let it bother me (while subsequently making me suck at it).

Oh, and Fallout 4 new survival mode.
    I thought that would be fun... boy was I wrong...