1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with the sports car?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by fueselwe, May 31, 2020.

1. fueselwe

fueselwe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why is it basically just a worse version of the hoverbikes? It's slower (or at least feels that way), can't jump and gets stuck on terrain MUCH more. Why so?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think its advantage is its aesthetic. You make a 90s-looking house, with palm trees, and neon light atmosphere, and put the car beside the house. I believe it will look great.

Armok likes this.
  3. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

it's a novelty item for when you have more peace credits than you know what to do with :p

honestly, the only item that I have any complaints about from 1.4 has to be the lazercaster, it really should have an alt ability, and it feels more like a T6 weapon than a T7 one

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  4. benefitowys

benefitowys Space Hobo

If you make a 90s-looking house, with palm trees, and neon light atmosphere, and put the car beside the house it will look like California in your personal taste aesthetic.

Armok likes this.
  5. Dankino

Dankino Aquatic Astronaut

I was digging around the files back when this update was released and realized that all the vehicles that were added run on some weird and unfinished codes. Seem like they were enabled as a WIP novelty thing, sort of quick fun.
    It would be cool to have them obtainable and actually useful but think a modder who have time and more experience for it will be the only one able to make it since I doubt a next big patch with move vehicles will come any time soon. Hoverbikes were and are still the only useful vehicles present and they don't really look that desirable anyway.

Basically furthest I managed to do was to make the cars able to buy, spawn them and that is it, they can't be placed back into the key also they break the game too. They need to be remade into a standalone pack and have new code. I ran out of time and think I am missing knowledge to make this more comprehensive and usable too. So I pass and good luck to others.

STCW262 likes this.