What's Your Most Awesome Gaming Moments Recently?

Discussion in 'Games' started by adimetro11, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

It's really not any kind of achievement or really impressive at all but ... I levelled to 30 with my zon in D2 and unlocked fury. Cleared a whole room of enemies with one throw. I think I had a skill shrine on so that added +2 to all skills so fury did more damage. Like I said, not really impressive or anything but it felt good to be using a powerful javazon again. I had one back when I still played on the realms and really enjoyed it. So I'm basically remaking it in single player. Picture is of the skill in question.

[​IMG]

If you're wondering why the fps is so low it's because D2 is capped at 25.

2. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

One time I was playing Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light (spinoff for ds) and I had just gotten into the world of darkness (idk I just call it that) and you have to save all these towns from their shitty futures (except one which had an artist who needed a fairy to put in a jar, make it look FABULOUS, oh and a slight pirate problem) but each of these places that I helped had a demon that was fucking shit up, and each was very overpowered. One day I started fiddling with the Merchant class, when I found some very interesting news: once you upgraded it, you got two VERY useful abilities, ransom, and money talks. When you use ransom, as long as you have money, you take NO damage. With money talks, money is converted to damage, about 300 at 20000 Gil. With these two and a good sword, that one merchant character singlehandedly helped me take out EVERY single demon while the others all died. After that was done that character became my strongest as I gave it all the op armor, etc that I was getting from the demons. EPIC WIN.

3. Soljah

Soljah Space Hobo

Most likely my grind to gold in league for the 5th season in a row. I only missed the 1st season (was playing but not ranked) and it's always a struggle to get there but such a relief when I am there

4. Aytie

Aytie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Although this isn't very recent it's just about the most interesting thing in my Steam Screenshots. I was playing Portal 2 and I realized it's possible to activate server cheats... And so I did. I found the spawn key and started going wild with it. Then this happened! Isn't it beautiful?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. RogueZephyr

RogueZephyr Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is truly a magnificent work of art.

Dragon_Knight02 likes this.
  6. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

This game is a work of art.
    nintendy.jpg

7. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

one of the best moments i had last time i played Team Fortress 2 was actually follow situation.

The map was pl_upward and i was in the red team as soldier. Im one of the less people who is actually very good with the Liberty Launcher (trust me i am good with this one). So Blue team was with 5-6 people (i duno right now anymore) at the cart and pushed to the first point VERY quickly. I respawned and jumped (viva rocketjump) pretty much forward till the house next to the first point and from up there i shot just one time down at them and guess what: random crit. best moment i had so far in TF2. Blue team was raging like sheat coz the timer was already close to the end (around 25 seconds). We won and this was just a great moment :rofl:

another good moment i had in the last days are actually from Tokyo 42, i made some video from:

8. Dragon_Knight02

Dragon_Knight02 Space Spelunker

My very best moment in game was getting S rank on Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number's longest level "Dead Ahead". It's on normal, and not a full 90x combo, but it's still a great achivement.

9. Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Completing Farming Tips# 3 in Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns.

10. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I realized that Starbound combat is mostly about setting up a proper defensive position.

D.M.G. likes this.
  11. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Just happened today. Was playing Diablo 2 and this happened:

[​IMG]

This is a special event usually reserved for the battlenet realms (official online servers). But I play with a mod that enables it in single player. That message means a special boss called Über Diablo spawned. He's a super enhanced version of the regular Diablo boss. He's got much higher stats like attack and hp and also has some special abilities that the regular boss doesn't have. Über Diablo is one of the hardest bosses in the game. Well I beat him with my javazon!

[​IMG]

My merc kept dying and I almost died several times. It's important to note that he rapidly heals back lost hp so any time I had to go back to town to revive my merc or restock on pots he would heal almost back to full health. It wasn't until I beat him that I realised I was on /players8. Which means all monsters are enhanced beyond normal levels. They have massive bonuses to hp (450%) as well as massive bonuses to attack and defense. So I solo'd one of the hardest bosses in the game on p8. It was an intense fight but I won. So I'm pretty proud of that.

Dragon_Knight02 likes this.
  12. Grifs

Grifs Void-Bound Voyager

Most awesome/best moments in gaming... by the latter I'm gonna assume most fulfilling/rewarding as well.

The most recent one (years ago; yes, that's still the most recent one) I can remember is when I used to play Elite: Dangerous - that moment where I'd slowly realize that I've finally learned how to properly fly without any assists. When the muscle memory kicked in after a pretty long time of practice, everything felt a lot more fluid as it allowed me to fully control my ship in both direction and trajectory simultaneously. I didn't have to worry about counter-thrusting every movement anymore, which also included aiming due to the newtonian nature of the game's physics when you disable the assists. I more or less flew exclusively with FAOFF since then.

13. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate online a few night ago. We did the quest Dreadqueen G3 Where we had to hunt two G-Ranked Dreadqueen Rathians. Riku and Lilac started the quest in area four along side the first Rathian where they nearly were beaten. Fortunately, I arrived on the scene soon enough to distract the monster for a precious few minutes while they healed. Kimi caught up with the rest of the group where we quickly dispatched the first Rathian. After we beat the first one the second Rathian appeared and we went all-out. You can see on the clock on the top left of the screen that we barely took more than five minutes to complete this hunt.

2019030421542200-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg

14. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Is running ds + 3ds games on pc considered awesome? I can't afford those . __.ll

15. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

This is not a 3DS game. This is Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the Nintendo Switch Version. I got this picture with the screenshot button and took if off of the Switch's micro SD card.

16. Catherine Franz

But...there's that MH game too with the neko-pals as your other char too > .>??
    EDIT: on 3ds

17. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

To elaborate, there are two games. The first is Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS; and there is Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, a deluxe edition that was released on the Nintendo Switch. They are both, practically, the same game except the Switch version has more monsters and G-Rank hunts. (Although the Ultimate version was originally released on the New 3DS in Japan and later re-released on the Switch, Europe and America only got the Switch version.)

If you are still unsure you are going to have to go find out for yourself. I do not mean to be rude, but we are filling this thread up with too much chatter about other things.

18. Catherine Franz

I think I get it now sooo thx for the info on their difference.

19. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

My awesome moments in a game .. If I build a project and have finally finished it..!!!

(I began very often buildings and they never have an end because I cant stop the ideas in my head) xD...

20. Catherine Franz

I picture a house,I see a box instead...
    I picture a building,I see a basement instead...