Modding Help Where is the tools item data file located?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ulithium_Dragon, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I'm getting really peeved that I cannot find the file that hold the item data for tools (Read: NOT the sprite sheet file in the "TileSheets" folder).

This game's files are so messy that I may have overlooked it, but I mean I checked every single damn file in the "Data" folder and couldn't find it.

It's not lumped into another file like "weapons" or "ObjectInformation" either... Anyone know where it's at?

---
    *The reason I need to find it is because I wanted to take a look at the Return Scepter to see if it would be possible to add some new modified scepters that hold the effects for warping to the beach and mountains (which are existing effects that the two Obelisks currently possess).

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

It's hardcoded (meaning, it's stored in the Stardew Valley executable).

Attached Files:

Ulithium_Dragon likes this.
      • Ulithium_Dragon

Yep, that would explain it. I wonder why they did that for the tools and no other items...

Well that blows - I guess the only way I'd be able to *maybe* do this then would be to make an SMAPI mod. I was hoping it wouldn't be that difficult, i.e. just make a new item ID and figure out what index ID the "warp spells" use and assign it to the new items.

Anyways, thank you for the reply!

EDIT: Oh and what did you use to extract that file from the .exe by the way? And which of the files are they inside? I mean I can view/extract the files with 7zip but they're obviously compressed and packed.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

You would need a decompiler like dotpeek or ILSpy to view the game's source-code. Pathoschild has an excellent SMAPI mod-creation tutorial here at http://canimod.com/. Have fun!

Ulithium_Dragon likes this.
          • Ulithium_Dragon

Once again, thank you!

It's really too bad this game doesn't have official modding support, it has so much potential to be modded. I always wanted to mod a Harvest Moon game. :]

foghorn likes this.