1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Who acctually likes avians

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Flirtyfloran, Oct 5, 2018.

?

Are avians the worst race,

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    88.1%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yes, I know what you mean. I ever seen an Agaran talk like a Floran. They talk not with their own language, but a normal language with a bit of hissing.

2. prawnsandthelike

prawnsandthelike Space Hobo

True on the villages. For a spacefaring mayan equivalent, they don't really seem to have anything of particular interest besides their temples. I'd guess it's to put an emphasis on how dependent they are on Kluex, but otherwise their structures do mirror what the Glitch have. If the redundancies were removed / overshadowed with deeper fleshing-out, I don't think the issue would be as large.

Dungeons are a rather subjective, though. Tower-structured temples actually make for some platforming fun that isn't arbitrarily poison-everywhere like the Floran dungeons, though most dungeons themselves are fun to swing through with a grappling hook. The tombs keep me on my toes, which I like.

Might agree with you on that. Hylotl, Novakids, and Glitch all have their thematic sets with nice aesthetics to boot. Avian sets just scream redundancy with a bird wearing...bird armor. Not to mention they don't have serrated axes like the Meso-Americans they were based off of.

I'd honestly rather redesign / improve Avians with a usually-unexplored culture than uplift the trolls from Homestuck. Had bad first impression of the series, then came a worse fandom, so now I'm glad I get to massacre their look-alikes. Let's keep it that way.

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Agree, but I still collect it for my collection, even though many people think they have the worse armor. I think they should revise it or not... it depends on the community.

4. dullreverie

dullreverie Void-Bound Voyager

I actually really love the avian race, though I must admit I tend to use the mod "Make the universe a cuter place" which makes them into more harpy-like creatures. Im extremely biased in the sense most of my characters have been avians even before using the mod. I do agree though that their towns are kind of lame and their dungeons are extremely sprawling even though they don't have much going on. It also doesn't seem plausible for there to be so many defenders in them. Regardless I love the actual design of the dungeons just not the actual worth in them.

5. NPete28

NPete28 Poptop Tamer

I take a liking to the Apex because they seem to fit the ultramodern, sci-fi theme of the game, and I can't resist a good rebellion story. I agree that the humans need more involvement. The fact that you don't actually have to get their artifact seems kind of lame, especially when they are often the first race someone will play.

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  6. ISaidNo2U

ISaidNo2U Subatomic Cosmonaut

In my opinion, they have the most personality. I freaking love birds and Avians are no exception.

MrsGuu likes this.