Race WHOA LOOK! THOSE ARE: TERRA SHARKS!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zain Hallows, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS STILL UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] INTRODUCTION[​IMG]

THEY ARE SHARKS THAT HAVE ARMS AND LEGS!

Lore:
    long ago there was a race of simple people, whom were savages. they used and abused the planet on which they lived! building temples that towered over the landscape. but one day the lands on which the depended became too harsh for them to live, crops would not grow, and the people were growing tiresome.

the chief of the grand civilization of stone and temple, beached his people to look to the sea! A limitless place of wonder, where food was plentiful and good.

The ancient people dissipated under the sea, one by one slowly walking beneath the clam shore waters...and then they were gone, the cities were empty, almost like they were never even there...
    as the new world approached with new more advanced civilizations arose and discovered the empty temples, they studied them to no end! trying to concur the mystery that was the AZTECS!

but little did they know, they were so close to the answer...yet so far...just off the coast of the main land, the ocean was deep and shrouded in mystery! no body could travel to the bottom of that sea, for everyone who tried, was lost forever.

what was at the bottom of the sea you ask? well in the darkness lies a golden city! protected against the pressures of the sea, but the inhabitants are far from what they use to be, you see, long ago, before the empty temples were discovered, The Aztecs discovered an ancient and very powerful stone deep under the ocean, which glowed a brilliantly light blue... but while the stone was a blessing to them, allowing them to stay under the ocean and helping them both survive and flourish, there was a cost to those who weren't native to the sea! as they became complacent, after building their grand city the stone began sapping the life out of the cites inhabitants.

after a few years, the grand golden city became empty as well...and for century's while the stone lay dormant there was no race able to take the place of the old people....until one day, the stone was reactivated by a simple shark. in the almost blinding light of the stone, the shark had been transformed, the stone had so badly wanted to be active again, It had changed any shark in the vicinity into Terra sharks. at the time tho they were simple minded, and knew only of instinct.

as time passed, their intellect grew past just kill or be killed mentality. and began taking their first strides towards civilization.

eventually the city was bustling, and full of life once again. but as the city grew, the other civilizations of the world also grew, and advanced, pretty soon there were cell phones, and internet. but with said advance ments, there was always a loss, the ocean can swallow things whole...and it did. plenty of technology found its way to the golden city, and as a result the Terra sharks began to further their own city.

soon there would be ships falling into the ocean, rockets and various parts that would eventually contribute to the making of a new city, which could fly....when the land dwellers left the planet, the terra sharks did as well, with their city, and thus began a new age of exploration

Genders:

under construction

Hostility:

very diverse, they can rage form hostile, to calm and collected

Weapons:

low level= coral and sticks
    high level= gold plated and gem covered

Images coming soon!

Armor:

low level= coral and sticks
    high level= gold plated and gem covered

Images coming soon!

Customization:

coming soon!

Relations:

soon!~

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    clonerex123 likes this.
  2. Zain Hallows

wow. that's mean. uh its a race suggestion :U for starbound. I havent' even finished it yet and your already like "I DON'T LIKE THIS IDEA"

:/ seriously not cool.

Legacy95 likes this.
  3. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, this is not a cool idea, if I and everybody else were to like it, it would need some adjustments. The sprites don't look like Terraria or StarBound's style; that I can tell. :)

4. Ctc9592

Ctc9592 Big Damn Hero

Perhaps having stuff for the Thread besides just images would have been better but disregarding that I'd think it be interesting I wouldn't like it since I don't like sharks but it would be interesting

Zain Hallows likes this.
  5. Zain Hallows

okay, sprites arn't everything, and also, I would loveeee for you to not only sprite a realistic shark BUT ALSO GIVE IT STARBOUND PERSPECTIVE >:U

6. Zain Hallows

dude(t), look at the top of the page...it says "DISCLAIMER: THIS IS STILL UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION!" that means its not even close to done, but its like 5am and I havent had any sleep :U you cant expect me to write anything as complex as this...give me time

7. Ctc9592

Ctc9592 Big Damn Hero

I mean have it done before posting your idea

WoxandWarf, Kohl124 and AstroBlast like this.
  8. But if it's under heavy construction, why did you already make a thread? You could've waited until all your info was written.
    EDIT: Ninja'd

Anyway, It looks pretty cool, lookin' forward to seeing the backstory of the race.

WoxandWarf and Zain Hallows like this.
  9. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

No, you cannot request it for lock. Just because you don't like an idea doesn't mean that the entire page should be locked.
    Personally, I like the look of this race and I can't wait to see where he goes with it.

10. Zain Hallows

nothing great was built in a day. not to mention the fact that its easier for me to have something to come back to and improve over time :3 just how I am

AstroBlast likes this.
  11. Ctc9592

Ctc9592 Big Damn Hero

I don't see how that the idiom "Rome wasn't built in day" (Which you said in your own words) would work here since we were saying to get it finished before posting but if having a unfinished idea on the forums that you can edit over time then that's your thing

Zain Hallows likes this.
  12. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fan-made sprites in race suggestions are just supposed to be there to give the viewers and devs a slight idea of what they might look in-game and doesn't have to, necessarily, be well drawn. Also, you can't ask a thread to be locked just because you didn't like an idea, that's just douchebaggery and mean.

--

On-topic: I'd rather see the Terra Sharks as an enemy, rather than a playable race - considering we already have the Hylotl -. Also, their sprite doesn't really fit the "generic sprite" they used to make other races, so it would be really hard to give them proper armor, hats, etc.

But I agree with the other guys, you could have waited until this was more done before posting it. If you have a problem creating content without actually looking at it while you're doing it, then you should've used a word document to get your info organized first. Tip for the next time ;)

13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Can't really say much, considering how WIP this is. You might want to put more work in before you post, next time. In any case, I suspect you may need new sprites. Every race in Starbound has the same basic body layout, for the sake of easily using armor sprites across all races. I think you can still pull off a shark race using the universal sprite layout.

We can't lock a thread just because you don't like the idea. If it was breaking the rules, or the OP requested a lock, sure. But what you're giving is not a valid reason.

14. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

Wow reading this made me cringe.

15. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

I DON'T LIKE THIS IDEA, LOCK THE THREAD PLEASE!

I chuckled.

In all seriousness, there isn't enough information yet for me to know what I think about your race. :]

WoxandWarf and Zain Hallows like this.
  16. Zain Hallows

while I agree that this isn't the most...friendly design to starbound...its really the best I can do to make it like starbound...the idea here isn't to keep on with the "one size fits all" idea. I find that a bit...boring...we are liven in space man! anything could happen! so I made a race of shark people what I enjoy looking at!

not to mention if it isn't a suggestion, then its a mod xD I do fully intend to put these guys in one way or another, even if i'm the only one who will play as them :rofl:!

Jonesy likes this.
  17. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait i knew i remember this from somewhere

Zain Hallows, Kohl124 and MoonyJello like this.
  18. Zain Hallows

Lore is up ;3

19. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow, this is pretty bad.

20. Wow, that's very constructive.