Question why are there so many furries on cf/sb forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by retrogue, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. retrogue

retrogue Space Spelunker

i'm not in any way aganist them, but thats pretty weird to me

riep grammner

2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

If it's such a problem then don't look at 'em.

The reason why is because furries are floofy... and floofy is very good.
    [​IMG]

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Whilst I will never understand it myself. I think its nice a community like this one can house and be kind to a wide range of people, no matter what they like

4. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Maybe they prefer the less populated corners of the internet?

5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This basically. This community accepts everyone with open arms as long as they accept the - very leniently worded imho - rules, and that's good. And of course that means that fringe groups (not meant in a negative sense, just the statistical sense) who are often subject to abuse both online and IRL will flock to communities like these. While I'm not a furry and not a fan of the entire thing, I welcome them nonetheless.

Oh, and another reason might be that Starbound and Stardew valley are easily modifiable to include furry characters, so of course the playerbase who wants to see their lifestyle represented in games, even if it's "just" by mods, will flock to those games, and then joining the forums is just the logical conclusion. For comparison, I used to be pretty active on the The Long Dark forums, and with its gritty survival-realism which largely revolved around slaughtering things with fur for food and crafting materials, even going so far as to graphically break rabbit necks on screen, this game is most likely less popular in the furry community (I'm of course not an expert on that, so feel free to correct me) and thus there a lower percentage of furries on the total member base.

EDIT: I'd like to add that maybe it's a bit condescending to label a significant percentage of the userbase as just "the furries", since that kind of puts furry-fandom at the center of their percepted being. It's like calling me "the history student" or MilkCalf "that dude who likes dairy products." Let's see the person first and foremost and than whatever hobbies and lifestyle choices they have ~

6. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Is there a game that you find to have less of a furry population? Generally speaking, I find the most other furries in areas where there is high creativity. Starbound is an extremely creative game. Lots of games that emphasize making your own mark seem to draw furries, but I can't speak for all of us.

Nothing in the original post leads me to assume there is a problem. Did I miss something?

We're happy to be accepted, if not understood.

I think you can find us in almost any area on the net, if you know what markers to look for.

I'd include Avian/Apex/ and even Hylotl as "furry" races (if you want to see them that way). Fenerox/Frogg/Alpaca/etc included xD.

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Now I'm picturing a CoD furry. :giggle:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  8. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

you inspired a quick google search:
    [​IMG]

Luna Celestica, Surenu and MilkCalf like this.