Modding Help Why character can't say third sentence of dialogue

Discussion in 'Mods' started by IronwillAlice, Nov 18, 2016.

1. IronwillAlice

IronwillAlice Void-Bound Voyager

Well, this is all.

fall_Fri: "I used to live in Ebott town's Orphanage, you know. The biggest difference is the security.#$e#There's way more people around you, always. And...not every adults are good people.#$s#Children are alway missing from their home...not on their purpose.$s" #!String

But they just said this two sentences.
    What I should do? What's wrong with my code?

ภาพหน้าจอ 2016-11-19 01.34.14.png

ภาพหน้าจอ 2016-11-19 01.34.37.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
      Harzelora likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am relatively sure the `$e` marker is the "end" marker... since CA has a way to "skip" event actions, it is likely there so you can have a if(a) do aResult else do bResult system

• IronwillAlice

I through that's a expression result .

Thank you so much for help.^^

• IronwillAlice

It's should b like this right?

fall_Fri: "I used to live in Ebott town's Orphanage, you know. The biggest difference is the security.#$b#There's way more people around you, always. And...not every adults are good people.#$e#Children are alway missing from their home...not on their purpose.$s" #!String

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I will be honest, I have very little experience with the dialogue code, I could go in and check how it is handled, but I have never actually had need to dig into that specific area of the stardew source :p

Harzelora likes this.
            • robogena

robogena Orbital Explorer

I've done only a little bit of dialogue editing myself, but that looks right! #$b# immediately pulls up another dialogue box, and #$e# means you have to talk to the person again to resume the dialogue.

Androxilogin likes this.