1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will every race be a "Protector" in the story mode?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Drako98, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Drako98

Drako98 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, simple question. I'm also curious how this will affect mods, and such too, and how much it will change the intros we have. Also IMO I do like the intros and story we have now, as it seems a bit more free to being who you want to be instead of just being some space cop like the protectors. Not to mention modders already have ideas and what not on how the players of their race mod ended up in space off of their home planet. IDK I just kind of want to ask for some opinions going and talk about this.

(Edit) Thank you mods for moving this! :DD

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. Lintton

Lintton Guest

A game mode (classic) that does away with the story and puts you om a ranfom planet does sound like a good entry if they are going to include this. If not it would make a great mod for rp. purposes.

3. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

According to the latest dev blog, yes. Everyone will start at the protector training area. Although I don't see how it would hinder anyone's RP story. Everyone can have a different reason for joining - forced to, voluntary, infiltration, woke up there with a hangover. Everyone should know the golden rule of RP: As a player it's not your job to figure out why your character should not be taking part of an RP. It's your job to figure out why they should be taking part of it.

AmazonValkyrie, foreck and Sylxeria like this.
  4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Also... the Protectorate base is pretty clearly an area you're in BEFORE you end up where the game has always truly started... in a broken ship orbiting a (semi)random planet. I'm not gonna bet on this section being anything more than a "talk to a lot of NPCs and see some story events" section.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

*:But things could be really interresting if you could get back to the Protectorate base