1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Windows Stand Alone Dedicated Server Setup( v. Enraged Koala )

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Sven2157, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathomen

Deathomen Orbital Explorer

No problem. Just figured I would let you know since I've been passing out your link in the IRC this morning.

Sven2157 likes this.
  2. LzyRob

LzyRob Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the thread. This does help out because if you decide to leave your starbound server up even after you close out of the main game, you wont be able to launch the game again (without going to the steam folder and finding the .exe) because steam says "The game is already running"

Question I do have
    Is it possible to have this so you are able to type admin commands through server window, if they even still exist after the latest patch

3. Sven2157

Sven2157 Space Penguin Leader

;)
    As far as I know, none of the console commands are functioning. I have only owned the game since v. Angry Koala, and the console commands did not work in that version either. When they get the commands back into the server, I will have to see how they want us to interface it, before I could provide you with a, somewhat, useful answer.

4. ikdutak

ikdutak Master Chief

With enraged koala live, do i just run the batch file to update my server again? Or is there something else im going to have to do?

5. Sven2157

Theoretically. I am just updating now, and will double check. Report back in a bit.

- FYI, watch for the title change of this thread, when I make sure that everything is working correctly.

ikdutak likes this.
  6. Sven2157

Ok, just updated to Enraged Koala and there were no issues between this and Furious Koala

Just run the batch file, and then copy the files over to your server folder; overwriting the files in the old server folder.

7. ikdutak

ikdutak Master Chief

Thank you very much.

Sven2157 likes this.
  8. Mini_Ginger

Mini_Ginger Void-Bound Voyager

This is by far the easiest server setup I have ever seen for any game, thank you so much and keep up the good work!

Sven2157 likes this.
  9. GodlyProdigy619

GodlyProdigy619 Orbital Explorer

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specifies registry key or value.

Im running windows 32 bit idk if it matters.

10. Sven2157

Hmmm ... The thing is, the game doesn't actually install. So I had to locate the Steam Uninstall key in the registry, to set the correct location. That's what this bit of code does:
    Code:
    IF EXIST REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 211820" (
    SET Reg.Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 211820
    ) ELSE (
    SET Reg.Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 211820
    )
    SET Reg.Val=InstallLocation

That looks for the 32 bit version first, and if it finds it, sets the correct folder to where your Steam install, Starbound folder would most likely be. If not, then it sets the 64 bit registry key.

So the real question is: Do you have Starbound installed through Steam?

11. Sven2157

Nothing on this last question?

12. Attheshows

Attheshows Void-Bound Voyager

Would this work with the StarryPy wrapper?

13. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Yes.

14. InStars

InStars Orbital Explorer

I tried to run your .bat script and for some reason it copied my Civilisation V mods to folder "StarboundServer" :/

Guess I'll just copy the files manually...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  15. irajacobs

irajacobs Void-Bound Voyager

Welp, this guide's way out of date. The first offsite link to a txt is broken, and the list of files to copy from /win32/ has files that are no longer there.

16. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Considering the post right above yours was from October 2014, that's no surprise.

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.