WIP Winery/Brewery Retexture Mod (Assets completed)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Dentrala, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Dentrala

Dentrala Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tons of people build barns just to put their kegs inside. This seems like an easy thing to turn into reality without needing to labor to cover up all the hay.

I basically decided the simplest way to do this is with a Slime Hutch retexture, since adding buildings is difficult (or impossible??), and a lot of people (me) really don't like the slime hut aesthetic. I also tried my best to match this to Vanilla. If anyone has the capacity to add a new option to Robin's build menu, please let me know.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Winery/Brewery

[​IMG]

And then a variety of interior possibilities:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(or, ignoring slime hutch mapping, and just making it match the building)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Regardless, I have zero xbm-bundling abilities, and wanted some feedback before investing a ton of time into matching things correctly. Thoughts? Suggestions? Willing to lend a hand with mod support? I'm also happy to just lend the assets to anyone who's making an overhaul-type collection - send me a pm!

[​IMG]

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Beautiful work dude. Eventually there's going to be release of ALL by @Entoarox to hopefully add new locations and buildings so this could be a possibility if you discuss it with him without completely replacing the slime hutch.

You're pretty good, maybe make a cuter looking slimehutch in the meantime? -nudge, nudge; wink, wink- I don't like how the original building looks either, but I would rather have a dope-ass retexture from you if you can make this sick stuff!

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Nice retex!

• erind616

erind616 Void-Bound Voyager

This is gorgeous! Now I'm super frustrated that I have a slime hutch that I'm using for its intended purpose because I want a brewery lol. I personally really like the long one with the bar, but I see what you mean about it not matching the building (regardless, I think the bar is a super cute addition). What would you need in terms of help with mod support? I'm fairly new to the modding community myself, but I'm willing to learn and help if you need a second set of eyes/hands/whatever (because I'm IN LOVE with this idea). No pressure though, if you don't want help from someone inexperienced like I am it's no big deal lol

• Dentrala

Thanks! I realized that there's a better place I could put this - on this forum, can I delete my own thread, or can only mods do that?

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Very nice looking, though I shake my head at building barns for storage when the bus stop is right >>there<< =)

Let me know if you need maps made, I've slammed my head into the wall known as tDIE long enough to be considered at least a tyro.

Dentrala likes this.
              • Tsukuru

Tsukuru Pangalactic Porcupine

Impressive! Both exterior and interior.

• Dreypa

Dreypa Void-Bound Voyager

Oh this is awesome!

Quanahnator likes this.
                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Adding buildings will have to wait on FarmHand, CLxS has done a amazing job on making that capable of things you can only dream about with SMAPI, so once farmhand is ready, and ALL has been updated for it, I will be adding building creation to ALL :)

• NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

@Dentrala
                      This looks simply stunning! I can't wait for my farm to have it's own brewery. :D

@Entoarox
                      I've only begun playing around with SMAPI, so I'm not overly familiar with the games structure. But what's stopping us from adding a building object to a list in the game runtime?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

serialization and contentManager mainly.

You can override them, but then your mod is immediately incompatible with any other mod that does the same....
                        FarmHand does the serialization and contentManager overrides directly in the API, so its cross-compatible with other mods.

BoffoBoy and Superior_s like this.
                        • dintern

dintern Astral Cartographer

What about making this an XNB retexture mod that replaces the regular sized coop?

Most people will want the Deluxe Barn and Deluxe Coop for animals and the regular Barns for kegs, since the regular coops are so small and not needed after you upgrade I think it'd be a good option. Besides, running a brewery/winery is kinda' a mid to late game thing so by the time people will need to install your mod they most likely won't need the regular coop anymore (since they'll have access to the Deluxe Coop).

taintedwheat and Cerius like this.
                          • taintedwheat

I like this alternative. Dude, great idea!

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I love literally everything about this, to me it actually makes the slime hutch useful. One suggestion that is based on my own preference but can you make a version where the interior is as big as the deluxe barn

Superior_s likes this.
                              • james0019

james0019 Void-Bound Voyager

i wish i can see a junimo bartender selling health packs inside while breeding violet slimes, oh boy, what a good life,:iswydt:

• Dentrala

Hm, that's definitely a reasonable idea! I agree to an extent, but I don't want to just assume that people downloading this mod aren't wanting to play this the "intended fashion", which is logical progression and realistic rewards for output. I'd have to compress the exterior sprite to match the size of the big barn/big coop, but it's altogether possible, especially if people are wanting the benefits of the slime hutch.

• taintedwheat

The map can be resized to be pretty spacious, tIDE is kinda cray like that [:

Superior_s likes this.
                                    • SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

I was thinking the same! xD It'd be awesome to see the little Junimo holding the wine glass dancing on the counter or something haha.

This looks really lovely though. Definitely going to consider using this! ^_^

• Kamichan

Kamichan Space Hobo

Great mod! Cant wait to get slime hutch to test it when avaliable!

• Iorhael

Iorhael Void-Bound Voyager

This is amazing! is this available yet? I'm new to adding mods and am quite obsessed with looking for new ones!