WIP Winery/Brewery Retexture Mod (Assets completed)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dentrala, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Dentrala

Dentrala Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tons of people build barns just to put their kegs inside. This seems like an easy thing to turn into reality without needing to labor to cover up all the hay.

I basically decided the simplest way to do this is with a Slime Hutch retexture, since adding buildings is difficult (or impossible??), and a lot of people (me) really don't like the slime hut aesthetic. I also tried my best to match this to Vanilla. If anyone has the capacity to add a new option to Robin's build menu, please let me know.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Winery/Brewery

[​IMG]

And then a variety of interior possibilities:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(or, ignoring slime hutch mapping, and just making it match the building)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Regardless, I have zero xbm-bundling abilities, and wanted some feedback before investing a ton of time into matching things correctly. Thoughts? Suggestions? Willing to lend a hand with mod support? I'm also happy to just lend the assets to anyone who's making an overhaul-type collection - send me a pm!

[​IMG]

Thanks.

• zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, that is impressive. I love the look and interior with the bar. Great job.

Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add or help, lol, but I definitely love the retextured.

farmvillesux likes this.
      • serpentwined

serpentwined Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a great idea I love it! It makes it feel a lot more relevant to those of us farmers that primarily make booze. It's so classy!

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
        • dsrules

dsrules Subatomic Cosmonaut

Holy.... moly..

Send me a message, I can be of assistance.

Minakie and poprocks_and_coke like this.
          • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

omg, that looks awesome!

• Alina_Mau

Alina_Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this idea! :D I tried giving the slimes a go for the sake of having everything on my farm but I seriously didn't like having them so now my hutch is just empty anyway D:<

I can't wait to see how this goes *w*

• deadrun

deadrun Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, yes please and thank you! I'm excited for this, you wonderful person you! :rofl:

Lilnickymouse likes this.
                • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Oooh. Are you going to reedit all of this in tIDE? Right now it seems to look like just a photoshop mockup.

Also, I dont recall that yellow brick or lights is in town_interrior nor the purple wine holder. All that is gonna need a new tilesheet loadout...fun and kinda a headache at first, especially trying to pack it again e.e

I really like this texture, but like I mentioned on the other thread I am going to wait for the farmhand api instead of downright removing the slime hutch yet. I'm like 300 or so away from the ring and still want to feel the hoopla of breeding slimes.

Also that way it gives more emphasis to use the extended farmhouse mods people have made without repeating the same buildings over and over.
                  I already have a dog house ready for farmhand.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Dude, this is so good! Excellent work!

• dsrules

dsrules Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've had enough painful experiences with tIDE that this would be a walk in the park. And for the tilesheet issue, I can slap them all into the same mod (fingers crossed)

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

Well homie! I wish you luck and cant wait for it <3

dsrules likes this.
                        • CristaCrescent

CristaCrescent Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is really neat! I don't feel like having slimes of my own so I was never going to get the slime hut but this would work perfectly for me. Can't wait for it! :)

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is so damn gorgeous. I really want it to be a thing. :D

farmvillesux likes this.
                            • Inalleon

Inalleon Phantasmal Quasar

Might be worth asking with one of the farm expansion people, I know they've added extra buildings into their expansions, maybe they could add it into their mod instead of having to replace the slime building. (Either way I want this, maybe with some different color roof options)

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is great! I hates the slime hutch anyways. Who wants Mobsters on the farm with their kids?

To also say something useful:
                                I don't know how the doors work in buildings but even in the small version the position of the door is still slightly off and I'm wondering if that can be changed?
                                I also really like the barrels in your big version and I think it would add to the aesthetics if you would add them to the small version, too.
                                Other than that I really love it and I think it's a fabulous idea!

Minakie likes this.
                                • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Couple things to know for anybody wanting to mod this properly. The interior stuff for the slime hutch is in the townInterior file in the main folder (not in any of the subfolders which also have a version of the file the game doesn't use). Also, for your winery extras to fit in a 16x16 tile sheet they needed to be adjusted just a little. I've gone ahead and done that (as well as make a recolored townInterior.png) to make someone's job easier.

The only reason I didn't just map these all myself is that it requires a couple things I don't know how to do. One of them is to tell the game not to put a shadow under the outside building where the well is (it still treats that as being a solid building like the slime hutch is.) I also have no idea how to tell the game to use a custom tile sheet. There's no real room in townInterior to put the custom assets, as you can see.

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

Nice, thanks in advance for putting the winery/bar thing in a 16x16 grid.
                                    this is really convenient for whomever, or @dsrules , makes the map edits in tIDE. You have to upload whatever map is being edited in tIDE then add in the custom tilesheet through the program, after doing all that you to the map, save it, and then have to edit the .yaml for the map to read the new tilesheet. It's supposed to be really easy to do, but I always have trouble uploading a tilesheet on there to work for me to pack later that it never works.

Someone always has to do that part for me. It's really annoying @_@

• sheetcakeghost

Yeah, I end up crashing the game whenever I try to do that myself. However, I did construct a facsimile of the winery with assets already in the game.

[​IMG]
                                      Changed the building to be solid to adress the shadowing issue.

[​IMG]
                                      And here is what I did with the interior. I had no idea how to get rid of the egg incubator in the top left so I just covered it up.

Until someone with more refined skills can make a proper version of this you guys can feel free to use this one.

Oh, and you might notice that I've colored it differently. This is more a personal copy that I'm sharing (those are the colors of the rest of my barns and coops) than an official one I'm wanting to be included in the proper mod.

NOTE: I put a copy of SlimeHutch.xnb (not to be confused with Slime Hutch.xnb which is the exterior of the building) in both buildings and maps. Maps is the only version that Stardew Valley reads, but I included it in both folders just because I'm paranoid.

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

If one were to replace the name to barn or coop would it open it re-texture/map the basic farm and coop to the same effect even though it was originally made for the slime hutch?

• sheetcakeghost

Um, I'm not sure what you're asking there. If it's "Would changing the name to barn or coop let me use this for those buildings?" then I don't think so. I've never tested this, but I'm pretty sure that those two buildings being entirely different sizes would muck up the programing.

If you like those colors and want your stuff to match I'm using the ones from Madeline's Recolors with some mild alterations of my own.

Flavor mat likes this.