Mob Wingers

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Maixan, Jul 17, 2012.

?

Cool mob?

1. No.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

The winger mob is a wolf with wings untamed it jumps around and glides. when you tame it you can hop on its back and you may jump around and use its gliding ability. you can use its claws to attack with left click. you can use my grab ability to climb up(different idea) you can keep pressing jump button to have it start trying to fly you can do about 3 times before it falls. the winger can come in 6 colors. Red,yellow,blue,orange,green, and purple.if you have questions please ask and leave a like!

Tesel Bonne and TehEpikMonk like this.
  2. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

So they're flying wolves, correct? I must admit, it's pretty hard to get more badass than that.

Anyway, here's some more useful feedback (hopefully).

I don't think there should be a fly option, but it should be more of a glide, similar to how they move in their untamed state. However, they would glide until they hit something, or you jumped off or something. Flying, in my opinion, should be left to technology (jetpacks, please).

One other thing: I think custom coloring should be available. I'd hate to wind up with a yellow Winger, and if I did, I'd definitely pay pixels to get it changed. Just an idea I thought would improve Wingers.

That's about it. It's a cool idea, and I hope that I can watch while my Winger tears into my enemies after dropping down from above on them.

3. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

mmk hopefully its implemented! also i like how they should glide with more suport this wil be in strbound!

4. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I can't really see it in-game, but most canine/feline mobs don't really attract me, sorry.

5. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

well that's just you, maybe you don't like the mob there's a lot of things people don't like about the games but that shouldn't mean it shouldn't be the game. think, if there's no gliders or flying tech how agile would you really be? you would need a lot. to simply scale the area. but with a winger you could glide over if you get to a high point.

6. TehEpikMonk

There probably will be jetpacks. I figured I'd point that out.

Wingers are just another method of transportation - but what jetpack can fight as well as fly? I think that is their strength.

7. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

mhm..

8. Casimir

Casimir Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the idea of the mob, though the name seems...uncreative and silly. Though I have no real suggestion for another name so I can't really talk (I'm not creative :p) I agree that you should be able to dye their fur/hair/stuff.

9. TehEpikMonk

What about Volopus? It's a combination of the Latin words for "flying wolf".

Maixan and Casimir like this.
  10. Casimir

Casimir Pangalactic Porcupine

It makes them sound fancy and unique. I like it a lot. :D

11. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

good, i think you can dye the hair , or make a custom dye like use white, and red making the main color white, and make the ears tails and front bang red(yes i think there should be 3 hair bangs on its forehead. Here's a pic of the baby winger
    [​IMG] adult winger [​IMG]just kidding! Can someone make some sprites for how you can image the wolf clawing, gliding, walking and idle?if so then send me the sprite, less work for tiy and Friends!

12. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

oh hell ya.