1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

I'm glad you're excited for the ship too! I'm super stoked for it. I can't wait to wrap up this update so I can move my full attention to it. I know, I'm sorry about the issues that will come with the addition of the new ship! It will definitely be worth the trouble though :p I'm going to do some research on any problems that may or may not arise from changing the ship, and the best ways to avert those problems. I've never installed a custom ship before so I'm not too certain about all of the issues and how to avoid them if possible.

I Loved XIII, though *some* of the dialog was a bit corny for me. If a game can move ya to tears, ya know it's good! XII is definitely underrated, and I think it's because the plot moves a bit slow at the beginning. I remember when I started playing it I was a bit questionable about it until the story progressed and then I just couldn't get enough of it. Plus the throwbacks with the hunts! Ugh, hearing a reinvented version of V's "Battle on the Big Bridge" while fighting a time/universe traveling Gilgamesh was epic, not to mention Ultros from my favorite Final Fantasy (VI).

Anywho, yeah, I'm excited for when I can turn my focus on NPCs and custom quests. I want some familiar faces and some new custom characters to be implemented to create an enveloping experience. For starters, I'm thinking of pulling the Wood Warder and Salve Maker outfits from the starter selection, and creating corresponding quests at the beginning of a character's story where the player must choose the path of the Wood Warder, or the Salve Maker, just like in XII's Viera villages, and those outfits would then be received at the end of the quest and provide unique, special bonuses. There's an NPC in Eruyt Village who describes the path to becoming a Salve Maker, which entails capturing the Vorpal Bunny, a creature who provides what's known as "vision dust" that allows Viera villages to be hidden in the Wood from all outsiders. I'm all giddy just thinking about creating quests like that! Ugh, but I have so much to do to reach that point >_< I'll get there though! If only I had kept working on the mod since I began it a year ago, it would be so much further along than it is *le'sigh*. At least things are back on track now though!

Oh, and if y'all have any suggestions for quests, NPCs, items, etc, etc, post them! I'd Love to hear what you all hope to see in the mod!

L3W likes this.
  2. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I agree completely. Yes, I love the ideas you have for the quests so much! :giggle:Sounds interesting! Although I have to say I can't wait see what the future holds! Also I'll be glad to discuss and share my ideas, opinions, feedback, etc. on possible future quests. <3

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  3. TesserakT

TesserakT Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my "Familiar faces"? That's got me so hella curious. I was actually thinking about making a few more FF12 characters since I already made the leading man. I'll be watchin'!

L3W and AmazonValkyrie like this.
  4. AmazonValkyrie

Yep, I'm definitely thinking Fran's two sisters-Jote & Mjrn-but it would be really cool to have Montblanc and the hunter's guild he headed up. Montblanc could give out quests to defeat certain hunts (like in XII), which would also involve creating bosses for the game but gahhhh, I'm getting way ahead of myself.

myomi13 and L3W like this.
  5. AmazonValkyrie

So the LOVELY new update to Starbound has broken the mod and unfortunately I won't be able to provide a fix until later tonight due to my work day :-/ Sorry, yall. Ugh, I hate when this happens >_<

6. AmazonValkyrie

Problem fixed with the mod! I'll post an updated fix tonight when I get home ^_^

7. AmazonValkyrie

8. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

9. AmazonValkyrie

Oh wow! Those are some amazing inspirations for the males. I can definitely get some ideas from those. Thanks for the inspiration! Let me know if you have any more ideas ^_^ Those pics just really got my creative juices flowing! Part of me feels like since they live separately from the females, that they should have an entirely unique manner of dress and architecture. Ooooh the ideas >_<

10. Vegetable Lamb

11. Vegetable Lamb

Crap, mini-update broke the material files for woodenbase items. I think they added a new category.

12. AmazonValkyrie

Yep, my latest update from last Friday fixed that, so just delete the first installation and download my update ^_^

13. AmazonValkyrie

I'd like to open discussion on what you all think of the Viera eyes. I'm contemplating adding more dimension, by adding whites, irises, and a lid to the eyes. In the past I've shied away from it because of the possibility that it would conflict with all the hairstyles and head armors I've created, and could create. Thus my opinion of the option is kinda up in the air, but I'd Love to be able to add more dimension to the face in that manner. If only there were more pixels *le'sigh*. I wouldn't be able to add an eye color selector, but from the 3d models in Final Fantasy XII, I can verify that Viera predominately are depicted with red eyes. Let me know what you all think!

14. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera Race of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Furniture Pack I, Nanzie's Wigs & Curiosities, and fixes/changes/additions galore!

Read the rest of this update entry...

myomi13 likes this.
  15. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes! Best update ever. Keep being awesome AmazonValkyrie! I can't wait to see the ship you have in mind. I'm sure it'll be amazing.

16. Marcus McDiel

Marcus McDiel Void-Bound Voyager

I should check the main site more often - just now realized the new furniture and all. Time to build, I guess. Also, that framed picture of Terra :3

EDIT: Just tried out the Gramophone. Awesome :D
    EDIT2: Wait... it even plays different songs. This... is... too... awesome... and even some I hadn't thought about... damnit, Shadow's cutting onions q_q

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    L3W and AmazonValkyrie like this.
  17. AmazonValkyrie

Yes! There's a whole slew of FF tracks on the gramophone, even songs from the original Crystal Chronicles!

[DOUBLEPOST=1424633637][/DOUBLEPOST]Dawww thanks, Myomi! I can't wait to show my designs for the ship!! Keep an eye on the discussions thread cause I'll try and post my concept art soon!

[DOUBLEPOST=1424634245][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm really itching to pick up work on the armors/clothing >_< A few days ago I laid out a tier system and I came to the conclusion that I wanted to base the last tiers on the Espers of XII lore and provide custom ore. Two that I'm definitely decided on are Ultima and Zeromus, with ores of Crystal and Nethicite used to create them. Moreover I'm brainstorming on other armors, more related to the classical job system. Armors that could perhaps be upgraded from tier to tier and provide special effects, giving more and more with each upgrade. Could you imagine Dragoon armor that provides a major boost to jump height, and negating fall damage? The semantics honestly are pretty foreign to me at the moment, so it'll take some time for me to figure out the details and what is feasible. I'd also Loooove to get a job system in place based on armors, and for example see white mages casting Curaga on party members. Ugh, so much to learn. Any ideas are always welcomed so feel free to brainstorm with me!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    myomi13 and L3W like this.
  18. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So many good ideas! \^-^/ I am getting so nervous and excited for the future updates that await~

19. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks real nice, definitely keeping an eye out for this nice wip mod. :)

20. Fangorn

Fangorn Space Hobo

Your Mod looks great! *~* But i'm a big fan of the older games like FF7 or FFX. So...is there any hope for other Mods of even these games? I love your pixel art and would be very happy about it :D
    Greetings :D