1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Such a wonderful mod! I have loved ever since you initially uploaded it! I am so glad to see its continued development thus far! hope you always enjoy creating and doing the work you do!

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  2. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Um ya since you updated this something happen to my viera crew. I think she partied too hard and now she dyed her hair from white to black, cut her hair short,and now is naked. :l

3. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I noted in my update notes that players would experience issues with previous Viera crew & tenants. It's because I remade the system I had built for Viera NPCs. Sorry about that, but it was a necessary change

Senpai Deviljo likes this.
  4. AmazonValkyrie

Thank you ^_^ I'm very glad you've enjoyed what I've created so far. I do love making things like this for people. It feels great to provide people with something they enjoy and can escape to.

Corraidhín likes this.
  5. Senpai Deviljo

It's fine it did caught me off guard now seeing my viera crew became something i didn't expect. I got a good laugh about it.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  6. Senpai Deviljo

I notice when i unpack your mod it haves 5 humoniods folder and .species files. I wonder was their a reason for doing that? Aside that it looks wierd having 5 things for 1 race. But i'm really curious to know.

7. AmazonValkyrie

There are five humanoid folders because the tenants are defined by species now:

Feol Male Viera
    Feol Female Viera
    Rava/Veena Male Viera
    Rava/Veena Female Viera

Playable Viera

This is what finally allows me to define gender and sub-race properly. The Viera males and females in lore always dwell a part from one another and the setup for the game doesn't have a definition for selectable gender when it comes to NPCs. Previously I defined race and gender by clothing alone, and it worked alright (though not at all ideal) until the crew member addition. When that happened, and Viera became crew members they took on the crew member outfits and then looked completely different from what was originally intended (i.e. if they spawned as a female in female attire, they might have actually been male underneath the facade of the clothing and when taking on the crew member role and outfit were then displayed as male). Anyway, this setup is much more ideal and finally does what I've needed it to do for so long. Plus each gender now has the proper chat sound when spoken too, which is also a plus.

8. Senpai Deviljo

ooooh so thats why they have different ear structures. While the rest looks the same and thanks. I ask because i'm trying to help someone with a mod he started and he sent instruction to add custom race. So i wanted to get all my custom race that i have. (crews first then the rest in folder) As private for now so i can give him response on what i found in his mod. So i dont have to make new games just to test it out.

9. Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

Sadly not an option, my Starbound is modded to an insane degree....Though I keep Unstable vanilla.

10. AmazonValkyrie

Today's Recap:

I've spread myself a little thin recently by working on adding to one of my other mods x_x However as of today I've started building the first Magitek "proto" mech. I should be working on the ship, but I've really wanted to put this together and create something epic that will take less time to complete than the ship. Anyway, I noticed that each race has a prototype starter mech and then an upgraded version. I think you all will approve of the look I chose for the "proto"/starter version of the Magitek mech for the race, as well as the color palettes I've got in mind. Perhaps I'll post a screenshot when I get further along :p Can't wait to share it with you all!

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  11. Darkralts

Darkralts Starship Captain

how to unlock the crafting stations in a existent character?

12. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

sounds fun maybe. Just not sure how well it would work into schedule and such

13. Really Rilee

Really Rilee Void-Bound Voyager

Love this mod so much :) I absolutely love the amount of building materials and objects that were put into it :)

https://imgur.com/a/Ho8bK

14. Milly Rainbowskittlez

While i question the structure stability, i think it looks neat :3 gj!

15. Darkralts

reply my question

16. AmazonValkyrie

They're crafted mainly from the inventor's table, with the exception of the woodworking table which is crafted right off the bat by opening the crafting menu.

17. Darkralts

no have any recet for cfarting stations, this mods is compatible with FU, avian and elithian races mod?
    my main race is a avikan

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  18. AmazonValkyrie

Sorry I'm having trouble deciphering what you're saying at the beginning of your post. It is compatible with FU, however I'm not sure if it's compatible with Elithian, although I have not received any info stating that it isn't, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be compatible with those as well.

19. AmazonValkyrie

Recap of progress as of late:

I've had trouble focusing on my work as of late, but I'm pushing through. I'm still prepping the Magitek prototype mech. Today has been spent breaking it up into pieces and building it in the files. I feel I must make it known that as of right now I'm not sure it will not be a part of the default mech station at the Outpost, but I do plan to have it centered around a certain recurring character....name. This character will mimic the penguin who offers the mech at the Outpost, but will exist in their own instance. Final Fantasy fans can most likely guess the name, and will likely find it to be a proper ode to the series. The reason is due to the differences in how the Magitek mech is setup and the positioning of certain pieces, and I am aiming to setup a weapon that projects from the main body as the Magitek armor does in FF VI. Some portions of the vanilla setup would force me to favor function over aesthetic faith, and I never compromise on such things lol. However my plans for the future of the mod have always been to allow for players to seamlessly follow either the Viera centered portion of story/quests (that I'm concocting for the future) or the vanilla "chapters" at will, so I will have something put in place for the Viera mechs at the outpost.

20. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Still rooting for ya! :D:D:D even if its over here in the back corner with all the soda and cheese samples.