1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the compliments! ^_^ Ugh, I'd Loooove to do mods of characters and architecture from the earlier games, but I'd namely wanna do Final Fantasy IV, V, or VI. As it is I feel like I'm spreading myself thin keeping up with my two current mods, and I have sooooo many ideas for other mods! But there's always Hope! ^_^ I honestly have more ideas than I do time >_<

2. ArrancarX5

ArrancarX5 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a suggestion for a job outfit, the Vieran Assassin outfit from Grimoire of the Rift. and Maybe craftable 1-handed Katanas for that particular outfit?

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  3. AmazonValkyrie

Yesssss I Love that outfit! More armors will come once I've completed the ship, and this outfit is definitely on my list ^_^

4. ArrancarX5

good to know, also I suggest the fencer outfit as well, and that's all I got thus far. so far, everything else is great.

5. CecilNailo

CecilNailo Void-Bound Voyager

Have you tried adding the music list to the gramophone as apart of or a separate musical instrument or even have something like a Vierian Flute that only plays or adds the FF music. (sorry my mind just spit all of this at me.)

6. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

Here's the first Viera-made house of a village I'm building. For some reason, I decided to make floating islands with houses on them. Next should be the workshop or an airship.

7. AmazonValkyrie

Oooooh an instrument is an interesting idea....hmmm I'm gonna give that some thought :p

8. ArrancarX5

it would seem the mod author is liking the ideas so far, and perhaps some viera-only tech to show off their natural affinities?

9. AmazonValkyrie

Omg!!! It looks great! It's really fulfilling to see what you all are creating with the mod ^_^ Cant wait to see the rest! On a side note, I've been meaning to make an outdoor/street lantern like the Glitch one >_<

[DOUBLEPOST=1424976657][/DOUBLEPOST]I've thought about tech from the start of the mod in reference to the Viera's innate abilities, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach it. It's still something that's on my list to figure out. As it is though what I would use (jump, speed tech)are already present so this is gonna require brainstorming >_<

10. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

What kind of airship would a Viera use? I was thinking of making one of those boat thing but...

11. AmazonValkyrie

Well for the Viera ship I'm going with a classical Final Fantasy airship meets the technology and ships of XII look. At any rate it would definitely be very natural, and built of their beloved Wood Herself

12. ArrancarX5

Maybe make the airships slightly more futuristic to allow to show the times? Also, for Outfits, I was thinking the Spellblade outfit and maybe the Archer outfit

13. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I don't know about you but I think I'll go with a FFXII design, but made of wood and with technological controls and thrusters.

14. ArrancarX5

I concur there. And My edit got ate, I had more outfit ideas, the Spellblade and Hunter sets.

15. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

I'll need some mod for ship parts, I think. Any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  16. AmazonValkyrie

FFXII all the way! There's a ton of great ship concept art for XII that I'm pulling from, so checkout the FF wiki. I'm not sure about any mod's for ship parts though. I'd try and emulate them with in game tiles though like chuckle fish have done with their Avian airship, though that's not ideal >_< Another idea for me to make additional building content for lol

17. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

I'm enjoying the Viera a ton. I noticed something odd tho. Male Viera when hurt make a dialtone or beep sound. Not like the Glitch beep but like a missing sound type beep.
    EDIT: Oh forgot to add. I'm a bit fan of the Ivalice setting Final Fantasy games. Viera are one of the few races in I love. I like Bangaa and Moogle more but Viera are still great! Also add more Final Fantasy 6 music please. X3

18. AmazonValkyrie

Ooooh ok I'm gonna fix that sound error in my next update then! So glad you're enjoying the mod!

Lol I'll gladly add more FFVI music! I think I've added the most from VI already :p

19. ArrancarX5

Hopefully this next update includes some new outfits and armor tiers.

20. AmazonValkyrie

Nope, not yet. My next update will have some fixes to the furniture, and some minor, but welcome additions. That's due to my moving my main focus to creating the ship and its upgrades over the next few weeks. Once that's completed, then I'll be returning to armors ^_^ But maaaaaaybe I can work in an armor surprise :p