Wireable note blocks, with instrument input!

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Raults, Sep 15, 2017.

?

Should we get a block like this? Tell us your reasoning in the thread!

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Raults

Raults Void-Bound Voyager

Love the aspect of starbound where you can play music for others and yourself, but it's such a hassle to have to have your instrument out just to play some ambiance--especially when you're just sitting around.

I think it's about time Chucklefish put in some note blocks that you could wire up to turn on.

To add I think it would be very clever if you could say, hold an instrument and click on the block to change how it will sound. From a programming standpoint this would be more efficient than making objects for every note block to instrument.

This would allow players to make ambiance for areas they are in and dare I say, encourage a less practical use for wiring that could be a fun introduction for those who struggle with algorithmic thinking.

Thoughts?

DraikNova likes this.
  2. Ventcorpiangamer

Ventcorpiangamer Space Spelunker

Yeah this would be great like you could make a door bell, a playable piano and a programmable music box/player piano.
    PLEASE CHUCKLEFISH PLEASE ADD THIS BLOCK/ITEM it would be awesome if you could set the note sort of like you set the countdown timer so instead of 1-5 it would be all the notes sharp and flat there could be different kinds in different keys