WIP Woof's Portrait Replacements

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by werewoofteeth, Oct 17, 2016.

1. werewoofteeth

werewoofteeth Master Chief

Yeah, listen, this game is lacking a lot of colour. I do plan on doing a complete set for all characters but for the time being, I have all the marriage candidates done. I do these in my free time but so far I've been managing to get them done fairly quickly.

Sprites are included!

[​IMG]
    [download link for all files]

UPDATE

Jodi Family completed!
    [​IMG]

Additionally; corrected colours on Harvey and Elliot, added outline to Alex scarf, added Caroline.

[​IMG]

A read me file is included for help with installation. If you need more help, always feel free to ask.

Game plan so far; Demetrius, butch af trans lady Clint, trans dude Marnie, figure out how to add a cane to a sprite without it looking strange?? figure out how sandy's shirt works for real

While I'm open to requests, I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do at the moment. However, I don't mind doubling up at all. Just make sure in your request you make it clear who you're talking about and what exactly you want. I am very easily confused. Also note, I won't be doing any 'vanilla' edits as there are plenty of those already nor will I be doing a white or albino Demetrius or Maru.

If you like this, also make sure to check out notsnufffie's Diverse Stardew Valley and be sure to keep an eye on SarahSyna's lovely continuation, Diverse Stardew!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • lovexoxo

lovexoxo Aquatic Astronaut

I first want to say that I'm thrilled to see more options for diversity. I live in a fairly small place myself, and it never made much sense to me that Pelican Town was so white when I know so many people from many different backgrounds where I live. Between this mod and Diverse Stardew (Valley), the town honestly seems more true to life for my experiences.

I was greatly inspired to make my own edit for Leah, who I made into a Black Muslim woman by editing together Woof's edits for Alex and Leah as well as further edits for Leah's lips in the portraits and Caroline's skirt (mostly as a base rather than a direct copy-paste) when editing the main sprites. I asked Woof if I could share these, and they gave me the go ahead to do so, so I have to thank them first and foremost for doing such an amazing job on these replacements and just being all around awesome.

I removed Leah's mole/beauty mark in the portraits mostly because its original placement looked off next to my lip edits, and I couldn't really think of any better ideas as to where to put it (shrug). For the sprites, I mainly based it on images of long dresses of one color paired with a contrasting hijab and sash, which I thought looked very nice and was a good translation for Leah's original red hair/green shirt combo.

Also, Leah has different headscarfs to match her festival and wedding dresses. :)
      [​IMG]
      Download here.

• TatevikMart

TatevikMart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is so amazing! Thanks for Leah and Sam!!!

• werewoofteeth

werewoofteeth Master Chief

[​IMG]

Added the Jodi Family! [plus minor changes to some small character sprite]

[​IMG]

Caroline also added!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
            Bold Heart and Alkanthe like this.
          • CreepingCorbies

CreepingCorbies Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How are there only a couple of comments on this??? This is fantastic! I'm always so happy to see diversity mods. If you're looking for something to do, I'm looking for a First Nations Sam mostly, but only if you run out of ideas. I've seen a couple of diversity mods, but so far no Native representation. I'll be using your sprites happily for the next little while, anyway and thank you for all your hard work! I love your use of colour in the outlines and just your general style.

Bold Heart likes this.
            • Watts533

Watts533 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks... incredible. I'm loving it. Please, please, please continue!

Bold Heart likes this.
              • Bold Heart

Bold Heart Void-Bound Voyager

These are incredible! I'd love to see more <3