1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue World freeze in every 30 seconds (except player)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Fakkom, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Fakkom

Fakkom Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings.

If possible, a developer or a person who encountered it before could help.

What we can see:

Almost exactly every 30-33 seconds (I tested it), the world will freeze, nothing moves, nothing can be destroyed, however, only YOU can move, fire and mining.
    You see your shots, what hits your frozen opponents (,but never dies or gives any "hit" sounds).
    You can freely move through the enemies though, you won't take damage, after the freeze ends...
    You can mine the blocks, but they never crashes (, just hearing the -pop-pop-pop- sound).

After 2-3 seconds, the freeze will end and EVERYTHING you did during that freeze, will happen.
    Your opponents will takes all of the damage you did to them (and die, if you did enough).
    Every block will crash what you've mined (,but you have to go back for them, not spawning into your inventory).

All of this happens in 0.1 second after the end of the freeze time.

It is like a Time Stop to EVERYTHING. All of the animations stop as well, like flags or computers... Everything just freezes in place and time. (except shots, fire projectiles from weapons)
    You can't open a chest, can't open a door. (However, after the freeze, this will happen too. Like spamming the door 500 times, you will hear a nice sound mountain of door open/close)

Another important information... It is only happening, if you're playing in your own game. I mean... If you join to a friend, you won't encounter this.
    If your friends connects to you, they will have the same freezes, when you get it. So they feel your periodic freezes (every 30 seconds for 2-3 seconds freeze)

My PC

Operation System: Win7
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    CPU: Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    RAM: 16 GB

Some infos

This is happening in 32bit and 64bit as well.
    The freeze happens, when you just stay in one place or waiting in your own ship, but... Using the Zoom out and the CTRL key, I could see that, I get the freeze too, when the map loads the next part of the world. (not always, but most likely)
    I encounter this in a Vanilla game. No mods at all.
    Tried to delete the full game, then reinstall. Not working.
    Strange, but... All of my other friends use Win10. This "thing" happens only on Win7...?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I'm experiencing this too and i'm using Win 10. Specs are the same except video card but i get this freezes less often.

~ Iris ~

3. Crepuscule

Crepuscule Void-Bound Voyager

Exact same thing here. In fact, I've been experiencing this since the start of the beta. I really hope it gets a fix. :confused:

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (latest drivers and all that are installed, btw)

Processor: Intel Pentium G3258

RAM: 8GB

Monitor Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (5:4)

4. RadiCalvo

RadiCalvo Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having the same issue with 2 different computers
    (Same steam account)
    • Quad Core Q8300 4 GB RAM Radeon HD6850 (Playing since early acces from about june 14 2015, dissasembled at the momment)
    • I7 2600K, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 650 (Current PC and game build up to date)
    The plus part here is that I'm have the same "freeze" details playing offline AND mounting a dedicated server and connecting locally to play (My friends connect to me to play), they have the same issue when playing in my dedicated server)

Also I tryed to modify settings like triple buffer, vsync and correct resolution. But what about the dedicated server doing the same on other computers?

BTW, great game my friends and I are really hooked playing on my server and building the hell out of one starter planet (Only base currently :p ) and the detail that run dedicated server put your offline universe for others to play I think its a great idea :D

5. SaintFlow

SaintFlow Tentacle Wrangler

Same Issue here. Windows 10, decent pc which can run basically any game right now.

What brings me to believing that its most likely not my game is that when I host a Multiplayer game of Factorio, there are no such issues ever.

I love the game but the lags/freezes will most likely make Bosses unplayable when we get to them and makes building things a real chore :/

Please have a look devs!!!!! <3

6. dre67

dre67 Void-Bound Voyager

Developers s hit on you, on us and on this starry t urd (good turd). A lot of time to go but they s hit, just s hit. 99% of users of this game have the same problem but they s hit. S hit, s hit, s hit. Disrespect for us, not self-respect.
    PS: Every 30-40 seconds, autosave occurs because of what the world freezes. We can observe the same thing in fallout 3-4, but there it is not every 30 seconds and you can even turn it off. Sucking a star chupachups is the only thing left for them. S hit.