Write a World (Writing Request thread!?)

Discussion in 'Writing' started by Sir Wilfrey, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

Ongoing Requests:
    2/5

Yes you read that correctly. "Writing Request Thread". Dunno if that's ever been done before. So, there's a few things I want this thread to do.

1: Become my hub for any writing I create that I deem quality enough to display
    2: Participate in writing "challenges" (more on this later)
    3: Challenge myself to improve my work and keep me busy

Now, for those who don't know me (considering the wake of destruction and chaos I tend to leave you're probably new here if you haven't heard some dastardly rumor or hushed murmurs to avoid my line of sight) I am the Big Bad Wilfrey, lord of forgetfulness and master of short attention spans. It is my god-given duty to drive most of the forums mad or flee in terror from my lack of sanity. If you're faint of heart of thin of skin you need to scoot along to any of the other PC and clean-mouthed threads by the abundance of wonderful (not being sarcastic I really do love most of these people) happy lil fellas/ladies/others around. With that out of the way pull out your handy summoning circle and jar of honey, for it's time to summon the Mad God Wilfers and see what he can do for thy puny mortal mind.

For translation; Give me an abstract concept, idea, OC, or plot you have and throw it at me (not literally I have the hand-eye coordination of a brick) and I'll either accept the challenge and post the finished result here or I'll flee in terror and go back to procrastinating the millions of other things I should be doing with my day.

The rules are quite simple.

1: Keep it clear and concise
    2: Leave a lot of room for creative freedom, simply saying "famine personified" can work
    3: Be a dick to anyone but me here and I'll boot you straight into Jonesy's Australian kangaroo fists of moderator fury, with a smile
    4: I can quit, deny, prolong, forget, or ignore any story/challenge at any given time I want, unless you for some reason pay me and then I have an obligation to fulfill
    5: The finished product can be as long or as short as my energy allows, I tend to do them in one big burst and then get tired or move on so short stories (several paragraphs) are most likely, these are little friendly challenges, not recreating the Odyssey

Get all that? Wonderful. Didn't? Why are you on the Writing section..?

P.S: You will be linked and at least partially credited in accordance to any project you inspired or supported the production of

"Edward and the Mine" -I_am_the_Storm
    "Soulbound" -Firebird Zoom

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That sound like a real challenge. my good writer-in-arms.

Well... here is the idea: Edward Parker (fictional name, I hope) is a common miner. He has a wife, two children, and live in Detroit. During a work in newly opened mine, two of his co-workers is trapped behind collapsed shaft, but they are alive. After digging through, Edward and rescue team find their mutilated bodies. Suddenly, all of them start feeling something strange... something... evil. They flee in panic out of the mines and begins to wonder, what happened to their co-workers, and what was that strange, evil, and cold shiver what pierce their hearts. After while, at the end of the work when Edward and other miners goes home, he saw a weird person, completely in dark-red robes, standing on the nearby hill, how is looking to the Edwards eyes...

It's just a quick idea, so... What do you think?
    Also, I apologize if that doesn't make sense to you, and for my English, by the way...

Sir Wilfrey and Firebird Zoom like this.
  3. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Completely random suggestion, but what about a story following the Chosen Undead through the events of Dark Souls 1.

Arra and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  4. Sir Wilfrey

IT BLEEDS OF LOVECRAFTIAN HORROR.
    My favorite kind.
    Much potential, very spooks.

Verdict:
    [​IMG]

I will definitely give that some thought, though I wouldn't expect it to be very close to canon or very dark souls-y.
    Will likely depend on how much time I have available later : P
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. I_am_the_Storm

"victory dance"
    Ahem... Glad you liked the idea. Good luck with that, horror or mysterious stories in common isn't easy to write, in my opinion. I'd tried it myself in another story and... well, I'll rather say it isn't my cup of tea.
    May your inspiration flows smoothly, my friend.

6. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Honestly, I simply want to see how you handle writing a story about a game other than Starbound. ((I have no idea what I'm saying))

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  7. I_am_the_Storm

Good writer can handle every genre. Well... at least, if he have ideas, inspiration, motivation and skills. Our task is encourage him and support him.

[EDIT]
    Don't mind me, I've just needed to comment. I don't want be bad on anyone.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I might make a request if I come up with one. I also wanted to say that you remind me of Hamilton a bit. At least the writing part.

9. Sir Wilfrey

Stepping in to say I like the idea of the Dark Souls thing, I'll give that a try during my free time as well.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  10. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

i have a character very much in need of a story, expect a request soon.

11. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Oh I have an amazing idea if you'd mind writing it, but I won't dare spoil it for everyone else so I'll ask if a Conversation is alright.

Edit: Can't believe I never found this...

12. Sir Wilfrey

Wouldn't mind at all!

Also, haven't had the energy to write, been writing LOADS in Jareix's Rp "Depths". Very active and draining, but fun!

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  13. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Well whenever you start feeling burnt out and want a change of progress to keep from overloading let me know!

Firebird Zoom and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  14. BigBlueFish

BigBlueFish Void-Bound Voyager

I HAS IDEA Ok So It takes place in medieval times Xavier is a blacksmith who gathers his own materials he finds a weird material with the ability to bend time. There is also and Organization/Cult devoted to gathering this material to control the world

15. I_am_the_Storm

'thinking for self' So much inspiration, large quantity of will to write something... and so little time... 'ehm'
    Relax. Don't destroy yourself, friend. Being tired doesn't help writing after all.

BigBlueFish and Firebird Zoom like this.