1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue (Xbox One Digital Copy) Cutscene Have no Text and Can't be Skipped

Discussion in 'Support' started by theman4863, Mar 15, 2018.

1. theman4863

theman4863 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi! I am trying to leave my house in Year 1, Fall, and Jodi is at my door in the morning, but no text pops up and the screen is just frozen there. So I am stuck and cannot leave my house in-game because it traps me in this cutscene with Jodi (probably a heart related cutscene as I gave her chocolate cake for her birthday recently), therefore until this is fixed my save is unplayable. I also cannot deliver Marnie the cave carrot for her goats. When I enter her shop with the cave carrot, she has an exclamation point over here head, walks over to my character, and then says nothing. No text bubble pops up and the cutscene can't be skipped, and my player is frozen in place. Does anyone have any tips on how to get around this or fix this bug? The Jodi thing is currently making my save unplayable, which sucks because I put a lot of time into it! Thank you for your time and advice.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley Support.

Please make sure to post in the right section and also read the stickies in said section first before posting. :nuruhappy:

• theman4863

theman4863 Intergalactic Tourist

Ah, I'm sorry, I'm new to forums! Quick update: I seemed to have bypassed Jodi by waiting until 11:00pm to leave my house that day. I then went back in, went to sleep, and she didn't show up the next day. However, that night, I had a cutscene with Linus by his tent that again, no text showed up, and couldn't be skipped. I had to force quit on the Xbox and lost my progress for the day. Anybody have any ideas how to remedy these problems with cutscenes?