Modding Help XNB changes not showing in game?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by rapinii, Mar 14, 2016.

1. rapinii

rapinii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying to translate the game, starting from zero modding knowledge at all. So far, I've managed to figure out all the XNB stuff and edited some dialogue lines Alex so alex.xnb, and recipe names from cookingrecipes.xnb. Once I repack and replace the .xnb file in the game content folder, nothing is showing up?

I also tried to translate crafting recipe names from craftingrecipe.xnb, in that case, the translated recipes don't show up at all in the crafting menu, but the ones I didn't touch are still there.

Please help me :(

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Recipe names are most likely hard coded, or correspond with the object's name, meaning you might need to change both(going to look into that soon myself). Also are you modding your XNB files and have SMAPI installed?

• rapinii

Nope, I don't have SMAPI, should I? I don't have my dialogue changes showing up either so I don't understand.

• zipy199522

No you should be able to do XNB modding without SMAPI. I was making sure since there are a few different steps you would need to do. I don't know how translating .XNB files works sadly, so I don't think I can be very helpful here. :(

• rapinii

Oh, so I found out that the recipe list XNB I translated showed up when I got it as a email.

[​IMG]

also "satsifying"

I'm surprised that this showed up because I thought that I reverted to my backed up content folder...
            (also it should be "aux")

[​IMG]

Accents don't show ><

• zipy199522

Nice! Glad you were able to figure it out a bit. Accents can be added into the game if you edit the Fonts files associated with the game. Content/Fonts are where the fonts are stored.

• rapinii

Any idea if people have made accented fonts yet?

• zipy199522

• rapinii

Oooh awesome, that'll help.