RELEASED [XNB SMAPI FarmCombat Mod] OmniFarm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Crazyaussie21

Crazyaussie21 Big Damn Hero

Is this working with Multiplayer? I started a game, however it didn't automatically put a cabin on my farm even though I set it to.

Edit: You have to build the cabin yourself, it works :)

• zirolive69

zirolive69 Void-Bound Voyager

Okey here my Bug report

1. The Pet bowl( its look not good and its not compatible whit the [CP] Pet House mod from Taelende)

- every time when i will change it tide crach and i down know why...

2. The Partner area is empts when you marrige

- i dont know how i change it....

3. At the downer area is an ugly edge

I have change it whit tide( an clean all the deco)

I Like your mod its the best Farm change what i have ever see.

Because its compatible of the most mods like json assets
      cp changers
      and custom Machines

• Planescaped

Planescaped Void-Bound Voyager

Man, I still wish there was an Omnifarm that didn't have the quarry. It's always been kinda wonky with spawn rates. But at least your game doesn't crash anymore if you build up there.

Or even move the quarry to the bottom right area where it wouldn't matter so much. I just always want to build up at the top right, plus I find all those stones popping up to be kind of ugly.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
        • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Planescaped You can disable ore from spawning in the quarry. And, if you have any experience with editing maps, you can just fill in the quarry dirt with grass as well.

• lexxiezoee

lexxiezoee Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to bug or anything but i was using @FieryChaos version of this map but for some odd reason when i try to use the bed to sleep or save or whatever nothing happens. like when i first wake up before i exit the house i can use it to sleep but once some time has passed or i leave the building and return it wont let me sleep. i thought it was some other mod i was using but i removed everything else i had and it still happened. is the map just not compatible anymore or did i do something wrong ? lol

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

Any plans to update this? I love this map, and use it for my main game, so I'm sort of waiting on an update for this to be able to play more.

• Escaleone

Escaleone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, here's an update. It's using TyoAstora's fork like my previous build a while back, just with the latest SMAPI package and one tiny edit to a deprecated function (helper.ReadJsonFile -> helper.Data.ReadJsonFile). The manifest is incremented with Tyo's name left in place.

I'm not super familiar with the farm's features, but they all seem to be working.

Attached Files:

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

• Tyo Atrosa

Tyo Atrosa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm updating my fork on github now, thanks for tending to it while i was away.

is anyone using my fork? any opinions or suggestions on things i should change?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
                  • Escaleone

Escaleone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No problem. Anyway, I haven't played with this farm much outside of basic testing, but the only issue I've seen is the pet bowl having a mismatched background:

[​IMG]

There're also a few comments up-thread about the ore spawn system producing too much copper and/or ore in general, but the config file gives people some control over that, and the original Stardew quarry logic is a little weird to work with. Nishtra's "Mining at the Farm" mod can be used to customize ore spawns anyway, among other mods.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Hey, this looks great and I've been wanting to try it for a while but it was not working.
                      Now that it is, is there any possibilty the XNB portion of the mod could be turned into CP?

• Planescaped

Planescaped Void-Bound Voyager

I can't believe I never thought to open the config.json file and just set the quarry spawn rate to 0.

What a dumb. :rofl: I guess I just assumed it wasn't that easy.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Linux and MacOS are case-sensitive, which is causing a minor issue, because the mod is expecting Omnifarm.dll but instead finds OmniFarm.dll, and failing to load. Renaming the file to lowercase f solves the problem. Something to consider with your next revision.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Here's OmniFarm updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.33+ and SMAPI 3.0. (I sent a pull request to the author.)

Changes since 2.0.4-unofficial.3-tyoatrosa:
                            • Updated for SMAPI 3.0.
                            • Fixed compatibility with Linux/Mac.
                            • Internal refactoring.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hakuna Matata likes this.
                            • nekoCrimson

nekoCrimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be working for me. SMAPI doesn't seem to be reporting any errors (the console is acknowledging it as installed and loaded) but this just doesn't replace the Wilderness Map (which is what I assume is meant by the combat map) and so doesn't show up in the game. I believe I'm using the newest version and followed the directions. This is my favorite farm map that I used to use a lot before hiatus, so I'd like to be able to use it. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@nekoCrimson I have Omnifarm and it's working fine. Please go to https://log.smapi.io/, follow the directions and link the result here. Even if there's no error the log can show if there's something interfering with the mod loading.

• nekoCrimson

Here's the SMAPI log.
                                  I did uninstall a few mods I wasn't using, most notably MTN2 and the map mods that required it. I did check after and Omnifarm is still not working for me.
                                  For future reference, if I have to send an error log, should I wait to update mods until after everything's worked out or is that safe to do now?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Is this your current setup? If so, the log says that Omnifarm and Content Patcher are both trying to edit the farm map. I'm guessing Ace's Cave is the culprit, since Omnifarm edits the cave, too; removing Ace's Caves Expanded should solve the problem and let Omnifarm load.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
                                    • nekoCrimson

Hmm, this doesn't seem to have worked... Fully.
                                      On one hand, the farm map itself still hasn't loaded. The combat map (and just to be doubly sure, this does refer to the Wilderness Farm, yes? Because otherwise, that's my problem) is still the vanilla map that comes with the game.
                                      On the other hand, the farm cave's interior is loading from Omnifarm. So, that's good news. I'd assumed that by having the config setting to use the Omnifarm cave to false that Ace's Cave would be compatible... Luckily I like the Omnifarm one a lot more, so I'm keeping it as it is for now unless that poses a problem in the future (which I doubt it will).

I also double-checked for updates, but it doesn't seem that any are necessary yet (the version numbering differences seem to be due to how those mods were ported from xnb files to Content Patcher files, and so the creators started them from 1.0 again.)

Just to be safe, I updated the SMAPI log.

If it's a matter of two mods both trying to edit the farm map, I could try to remove Pethouse (which affects some of the farm tiles) or the other Ace mods (though frankly I doubt it's those, since those are interior mods). But, ultimately I don't want to mess with anything without direct advice, since I don't really know.