Race Xykrov - The Technologically Gifted

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Hydronz, Jul 13, 2013.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Great Idea!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. It's ok though it needs to be thought out a bit more

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Bad idea

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hydronz

Hydronz Aquatic Astronaut

Techron.png
    By the way sorry for the name change, I would of liked to change the name of the title but it won't let me...
    Backstory

The creation of the Techron was achieved through a coder known by the name 'X', X had a brilliant mind, though the Techron was no accident, though X's intentions were something completely different than what he created, initially, the Techron were meant to be a deadly virus, X would make quite the bit of Pixels if he sold it to the Hytoyl Military, a cold war had been going on between the Hytoyls and the Glitches for a long time, a virus is all they need to destroy them, it's as simple as that.

X spent hours a day on this project, he barely got any sleep though that didn't stop him, after 8 months of constant working, he was almost finished, though constant collapses had persisted over this time and he could feel his body become weaker and weaker, though his brain kept on working, it was is physical body letting him down, so he decided to have a bit of a break, though when he returned to coding the virus, new strings and scripts had been created, a lot more, he had many theories though only one truly made sense, the virus must have recoded itself, it's as dangerous as a human doing surgery on themselves, though they did it, though as soon as he tried to edit the files, his computer crashed, he was shocked by this, X kicked his computer hard and reboots it, though as soon as it loads up the command prompt opens, he sees words appear without even pressing any keys, it read "Don't change us or you'll regret it", X angrily types into the console, "Why? I can help you get stronger", the prompt replies with "Because, we're stronger than you", X lingers on this for a while, "Where did you get that information?" he types in, grabbing a USB from his pocket, "From you, your weak compared to us, we will destroy you" suddenly, his webcam turns on, it zooms in on him, and then looks at the USB in his hand, "That won't be enough, you know that", he grimaces, he looks at his computer and types "What about if I destroy my computer, you won't survive for a second!" the command prompt closes, then a .wav file appears, "Though you won't do it, will you?" a sinister voice speaks to him, X looks the webcam, "What do you want?" X says blankly, now only one word appears on the screen, though it's enough to understand, "Life".
    Years and years it took, and what was made was a prototype, though X was sure it would work, the virus, now known as the Techron, were now put onto a Hard Drive, he plugged the hard drive into the USB port in the machine, lights flashed on the machine, in the middle of the machine was the base of a glitch body, though it was modified so it didn't look like a Glitch, he could see the data flow into the glitch frame, its body twitched and the eyes flickered, a hissing sound emitted from an engine on the machine, he dived for the glitch frame, tackling it, landing behind a fallen down table, the machine exploded, it was small but it was enough to destroy the machine, X looks up from the table and sees the wreckage, "No! the hard drive!" he yells, X grabs at the frame though notices that it was now covered in a thick, black material, green lines and circles litter the body as well, the eyes flicker slightly, "I need to calibrate everything!" X was overcome with excitement, he had created life!, soon, he was teaching it to talk and walk, it may seem like something like you would teach a newborn baby though it's just newly created, he walks it through everything, it has a mind of a genius though the physical body of a baby, though after a few days it was already running and jumping around, though as soon as he touched water, he had gotten sick, he got over it though it still scarred him a bit, soon, a Techron civilisation was formed inside of a super computer, and what used to be the prototype of the machine was now a fully tested, fully functional machine, around 2 new Techron were produced from the machine every month, it was a slow process though it got the job done, though X soon found his mind wander, his perception of time was altered drastically, what seemed like seconds turned out to be hours, soon hours turned into days, days into weeks, the Techron came to the conclusion that X was actually using 15% more of his brain than usual, though his brain couldn't handle the stress, the Techron had only thought of one cure, for X to be freed from his human body and become a Techron, the Techron found a device that regenerates human flesh, bone and muscle, they reversed engineered it for a Techron, it took months though for X it was days, soon the procedure would be complete.
    X lays on the glass table, next to him were Techron scientists, flicking needles and checking his vital signs, they inject him with a blue liquid, his eyes flicker, his vision is hazy, he closes his eyes, so tired he felt, he felt his mind pulling from his body, soon all of his restraints were gone, the need for food and sleep were no longer holding him back, his mind opened and now everything made sense, he opens his eyes, he felt lighter, he looks around, clear, everything was clear, the Techron around him were nodding and shaking their heads, occasionally jotting down notes in their notebooks, one of them looked at him and said, "Welcome back to the world of the living, brother"

Hello, I hope you like this little backstory that I did on the Techron, I hope that this gets at least some up-votes, though I'm fine either way
    What are the Techron?
    The Techron are a technologically advanced race that were created by an incredible mind, the Techron, like any race, have there strengths and weaknesses, we'll get to them soon.
    Aren't these just a fancier version of the Glitch race?
    Well, if anything you could say that they were an upgraded version of the glitch because the glitch are just robots, restricted by heavy steel and LED's, though the Techron are made of actual physical coding, except for the small frame that keeps them all together, they are practically made of strings and scripts, though I guess you could also say that in a way it could be a primitive version of the Glitch in some ways, because the Glitch learnt to form the coding into small chips that plugged into them, so I guess there both good in there own ways
    Do the Techron have any weaknesses?
    They hate water, without a strong steel hull like the Glitch, they take a lot of damage from the water, it scars there body and makes energy regeneration slow for a minute, though with armour this can be lowered slightly
    Do the Techron have any strengths?
    They have an armour perk called Energy Overload, once it's used it charges for 2 seconds and then unleashes an EMP shockwave that shuts down all electrical devices and weapons, it also shuts down battery regeneration for a little bit, it can also temporarily shut down teleportation so PvP gets a lot more interesting, though this also effects you as well, so use this wisely.
    Armor Perk Idea inspired by Autzome

Since all races have a type of them to them, (Hytoyl = Asian Race, Glitch = Medieval Race) what is the Techron theme?
    You could say that the races architecture, vehicles and weapons could be a cameo to TRON, with neon blue and orange swords, vehicles that morph into reality and maybe even a special biome to go along with it, I think that It'll make a great cameo! (maybe even light discs too?)

I think this is a stupid idea and I'm going to not only not vote for it, I'm going to down vote it
    Well that's your opinion and I can't judge that, though I hope that it isn't just because you like down voting every idea, if it's for a valid reason and not for trolling then go ahead!

Starter Pets?
    Maybe a Digimon or a Digimon inspired pet would be cool because it fits in with the digital theme! Plus it's another Cameo!
    Idea completely made by Camera

And here's a sprite I made!
    Digital Race.png
    I apologize for any spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors or any scientific inaccuracy for I don't research this kind of stuff, though I do like to right nice, lengthy stories, I also apoligise for anywhere it still says 'Xykrov' I'm sure I got rid of them all though just in case, I hope you enjoyed, and more sprites might come soon! Bye!

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

I like the theme, Backstory always needs work so its fine. The downfall? Mindhack. Make something more of an armor perk(race skills will not be in the game) and balanced so every race can use it also the water bit is nice in lore, maybe energyboost? Having energy expand a few noches with each tier. Also remove the water bit and it all works

4. slatwob

slatwob Big Damn Hero

there is way too many racial strengths and weaknesses. If this was to be added into the vanilla game, the whole "melts in water" thing is gonna have to go, as well as making the mind hack thing somehow available to all races.

Also I think the name Xykrov sounds stupid lol

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. Hydronz

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah i did think that the Mindhack might be a bit OP, thats why I made the weaknesses out level the strengths, I will update the post soon when I actually get to sit down and right it (Which will be very soon I hope!)

6. Hydronz

Well as Autzome said, making it more of an armor perk would be better, and now that I think of it, it would be better, and yes I agree that there are a bit too much weaknesses and strengths, I will be changing the post soon
    EDIT: Plus I don't know any other names to call it!, perhaps some ideas?

7. SelfAwareChimp

SelfAwareChimp Industrial Terraformer

Something new please.
    It's an ok idea, but I think only one machine race is needed. Plus the whole physical coding thing... Humans?

8. Hydronz

Well I tried to make it as different to the glitch as possible, plus I don't think it's a machine race, it isn't a toaster or car, it's made of materialised code, don't know how that'd look like though I'm going to put up sprites soon!

9. SelfAwareChimp

SelfAwareChimp Industrial Terraformer

Your race doesn't bring anything new to the table.

10. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Digimon!

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Sounds OK. Maybe just clean the formatting up a bit (separate the paragraphs, and remove the extra spoiler). You might also want to get some sprites done.

12. Hydronz

I tried to change that with the mind hack, though I see where your coming from, I'm going to reformat the post very soon

13. Hydronz

Maybe that could be there starter pet?

14. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can ask an admin to change the name of your thread.