YAMLs refuse to Pack?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by haywrites, Mar 15, 2017.

1. haywrites

haywrites Big Damn Hero

Howdy folks,
    Currently beginning work on a dialogue mod for Stardew Valley, and I've hit my first snare.
    I'm currently editing Willy's dialog, and have added a bunch of spring_mon, spring_mon2, spring_mon4 etcetc lines to his file.

However, here's the mystery: when I got to pack the yaml, the cmd prompt does it's thing, but there is no packed Willy.xnb file on the other end.

I'm currently using notepad++, and I'm scratching my head as to what is going on. I've check and rechecked my lines, everything appears to be in working order.

Any ideas?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

It's likely just some formatting issues. If you want some help reviewing the yaml I can take a look for you.

• haywrites

haywrites Big Damn Hero

You would be correct! But it happened in the most unlikely of spots.
        For future people:
        Basically,
        Code:
        readerData:
                -
                    type: "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.DictionaryReader`2[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]"
                    version: 0
                -
                    type: "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.StringReader"
                    version: 0
        Where it says System and String, the letter S had become lower case. Fixing it back to uppercase solved my problem.
        The joys of code!

MysticTempest likes this.