Digital Yaush's SDV fam fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Yaushibee, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

I thought maybe I should throw my SDV fanart here since I've been in a really big mood for creating it lately. It may even motivate me to draw even more, as soon as I catch enough free time to draw again. If there is any NPCs you'd like to see in my style, let me know and I might give it a go as well!! For now all of what I've drawn has just been my farmer Aelita, her hubbie Harvey, and their kids.

In order of oldest to newest...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I use DewdropDewdrop's Harvey portrait mod, so that is what his design is based around)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Dillweed

Dillweed Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow!! You're very talented! Do you have an instagram or tumbler or DA where you post your art?
      Also I'd love to see your versions of Krobus or the Dwarf!

• Yaushibee

Thank you so much!! I have a twitter (@Yaushibee) and a tumblr (@Yaushie). I have a DA too but I rarely post to it anymore. I'll absolutely give drawing these two a try sometime tomorrow when I get home from work !! :)

Last edited: May 14, 2018
        • Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Star Wrangler

These pictures bring up a philosophical element of Stardew Valley. Part of the reason why I think a game succeeds or fails is how well it delivers on specific fantasies that our primal mind gravitates towards. In this case, the theme of family and children, the idea of living happily is extremely strong in these images. When you surf around the web a lot, you run into so many sad, lonely people. I think that is part of the reason why SDV appeals. You can escape your less than... ideal reality.

Whether that is a good thing or not is entirely a different issue.

Either way, that these illustrations generate these feelings is a testament to the artist's skill.

• Yaushibee

@Dillweed Here you go, I decided to draw them tonight! They were a lot of fun to draw, especially the Dwarf (sorry they're a bit blurry I am a Fool and didn't realize I was drawing at 200% zoom until after I'd finished so I had to scale them up a bit...).
            [​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Git Gud Fox One of SDV's strong points is definitely that it allows for players to experience something happier than life sometimes can provide. It's a nice escape, even when things aren't too bad. Hearing that I'm able to portray some happy-family-life vibes with my drawings makes me really happy to hear, thank you!

dollydollop, JDS; and Jiok like this.
            • Jiok

Jiok Tentacle Wrangler

Such sweet art, and I love the range of poses and facial expression. I like the cute touches of characterization on the kiddos too.