Modding Discussion You wonderful modders should dive into making a mod to display actual sell value on items. <3

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Spanktus, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Spanktus

Spanktus Space Hobo

Not much to discuss... But I feel there has to be some way... I mean the information is in the game in some form, is there not a way to call that information and display it instead of an items retail value?

I know nothing of modding, I just love QoL mods. This would be a great QoL mod, imo.

Cheers to anyone looking into this! I couldn't find a mod to do this... if there is one, I apologize (and do you have a link :rofl:).

AngleWyrm likes this.
  2. Ultimate sandvich

Ultimate sandvich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The thing is, the sell value of an item depends on the merchant that buys it.

Although I believe that it's practically the same for every merchant in the game, it is possible to change the percentage that gives you the sell value (although I might be mistaken, it's been a while since I looked at the files of a merchant)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

3. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

All vanilla merchants have a set 20% value on items. But there is the Terramart Shipments which takes monster drops and food stuffs at a 30% value, there is also the refinery that converts ores to pixels at a 50% value.

4. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are also mods that correct the discrepancy between buyer/seller and player/environment

5. cpeosphoros

cpeosphoros Orbital Explorer

There are also mod created vendors. There are also vendors with hard coded prices not based exclusively on perecentage.There are also etc