Your Playstyle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WMoose, Mar 17, 2013.

1. WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree. It feels rewarding to get all the nice things up front so you could do what you wanted. I spent many hours in the hot spring itself for the extra little bits of stamina. Haha

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Not what I meant, but that does count :rofl: I was mainly referring to the HUNDRED levels of a crop you could have, and then how you had to ship giant, and canned versions of the crops and produce from animals. That game was ridiculous if you wanted 100%.

I'm not a farmer or rancher. I'm both. I try to not have TOO many animals.

• KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm the same way, I do both things and like a good balance. Probably the biggest problems I run into are not enough time in the day or not enough space on my farm, especially with games that give you a lot of customization for item placements.

• WMoose

I loved games that were gated for progression, allowing you to do whatever you wanted up to a bottleneck for story progression. Like being able to run around in HM after nightfall. I lost much sleep. Hehe.

• lord'o'waves

lord'o'waves Orbital Explorer

I plan to go through and completely wipe out the caves first, and then when I get stuck on a part for a long time, or get bored, ill probaly start farming, fishing, foraging, romancing, and luck, whatever that is. And some multiplayer inbetween.

• WMoose

I always do that on a first playthrough. It feels like games are even more fun on the second playthrough because of everything you missed on the first.

• oath2order

Usually for the second playthrough, I get bored because I know of all the cutscenes.

• WMoose

I don't worry about cutscenes. People worked hard on them, and most are worth watching twice.

• Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I like to play games like these as a survivalist but I also enjoy creating small towns, so i a little bit of everything i guess.

• BurlCato

BurlCato Aquatic Astronaut

Thats funny, I spent so much time playing the snowboarding minigame in FF7 that my little brother thought thats all there was to the game. Then one day he saw me actually going through the story and thought I had bought some completely new game.

In answer to the original question in this thread, I try to maximize time spent/money made. Once I figure out how I can make the most money possible in the time allowed, I get a routine going and end up doing the exact same thing for days on end (in game days of course, I have a life/wife I have to pay attention to every once in a while). That's why SV looks so interesting to me, because there is so much opprotunity for experimentation and doing things in different ways. No two people will have the same farm. There is no perfect answer. It almost looks like this game might be able to beat me. Psyched.

• oath2order

Well that's impressive.

• Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

You know that guy who wakes up in the morning, goes to water his plants, feed his animals, and then goes to the mine for the rest of the day? That guy who just makes it back to throw crap in his box to ship off just before 5:00?

That's me. Although, I like to occasionally break this up with a brushing of a random passerby every now and then. It's been a while, but I recall getting interesting reactions from using the horse brush on people. Or maybe that was the hammer...

• WMoose

Gotta hit the fences in the right spot or your legs don't work. Heh