1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Your Starbound Crew 4.98

Go on missions to collect a crew for your ship!

1. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Luminaesthesia submitted a new mod:

Your Starbound Crew - Craft nine unique NPCs for your ship or base!

Read more about this mod...

Cheezemaniac and liradarc like this.
  2. AFlyingMuffin

AFlyingMuffin Void-Bound Voyager

I really want to try this mod, but it shows an error whenever I try to load it. :(

nadoram1 and XIIIRoxas13 like this.
  3. Reloque

Reloque Poptop Tamer

Me *clicks on teleport to ship*
    Me: "Beam me up, Scotty"
    Mechanic: "Aye aye, captain"

RubeTube and Qualer like this.
  4. Luminaesthesia

5. Kiglok

Kiglok Orbital Explorer

dumb question. Where do I actually find the first mate to create him?

6. Luminaesthesia

When you upgrade your star map for the first time or recraft it if you're past beta sector. Then the first crew member should appear in your crafting table and basic crafting menus, who then sells you a crew station to make the eight others. Hope you enjoy it!

7. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

It would be awesome if you had his crashed ship show up on whatever planet you visit first in the beta sector instead...that way it'd add a bit to the immersion of 'recruiting' him and whatnot.

Not sure if it's possible to have that happen, but if not you could always have a quest start once t2 starts that says you're receiving a distress signal from <insert coordinates here> and have those coordinates be randomized upon universe creation (though given properly in the quest menu). If that's not possible, just place it on a specific coordinate in the star chart and link it that way. :D

It's an awesome idea, btw (what you did here)...I just hope that you expand it to other races, too. :D

8. xxj6xx

xxj6xx Seal Broken

Oooh, this! This is a great idea. Makes it a just little more challenging to get that first crewmate. Who doesn't love a rescue mission??

Also, once you've placed a crew member, do they just pace around the area you placed them? Can they be relocated? Let's say you need a doctor, but along the way you customize your ship and build a full med-bay. Is there a way to arrange it so you could craft a relocation item to move that person to a new area in the ship? That would be really helpful.

PabloM likes this.
  9. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Maybe they could just make the people a 'crafting station' in the shape of a person, or something...at least until chucklefish makes it so NPCs can be made stationary. It'd be great if it were possible to have the NPC be stationary + be a merchant + be able to be psoken to normally, as well...so...hopefully that function makes it in. ^^

10. xxj6xx

xxj6xx Seal Broken

Well, I don't mind them moving around a bit, makes them more realistic, but until I accidentally attacked them, they paced near where the spawner was placed. After though, they started stalking me all over the ship. lol

Maybe there should be a trigger to turn the NPC back into its spawner so it can be placed elsewhere.
    Oh well. Just have to wait and see if it's possible.

Caudyr likes this.
  11. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Maybe make an item that when dropped by a NPC, turns the NPC back into its spawner and returns it to your inventory? It should be possible, considering people have made mods for things 'eating' other things...the slot machine mod, for example.

12. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia updated Your Starbound Crew with a new update entry:

Quick little update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Luminaesthesia

Hey everyone, great suggestions! I would like there to be an initial quest but I'm waiting until I wouldn't have to overwrite anything or have any incompatibilities with other mods.

Visiting a planet where you have to find or rescue a crew member is something I'd like to do, I 'm hoping Chucklefish adds the ability to merge universe files at some point. Eventually I 'd want to construct capitols for each race on a planet that the first mate could give you coordinates to, but that's a ways off I think.

As for moving the crew around: for now the spawners can be scanned into the 3D printer, but I'll try to add a drop pool of their own spawners as well. Thanks again for checking it out, almost done with the next update!

14. xxj6xx

xxj6xx Seal Broken

Going to get the update and see if my crew mellows out. Any suggestions on what to do with them if they don't? I'd kinda hate to have to kill them....lol

EDIT: They weren't stalking me, but weapons were still drawn. Only solution was to kill them off and craft new crew. On the plus side, the new crew are all friendly. Maybe they heard what happened to my last crew.....

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Truthowl and Luminaesthesia like this.
  15. MattMatt

MattMatt Space Hobo

For some reason my game crashes when I try to interact with the merchant or lore master, I don't know why :(

16. Luminaesthesia

Try looking at the Starbound.log file under the Starbound folder. Near the bottom it usually says what made the game crash, let me know what it says and I'll try to help more!

17. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia updated Your Starbound Crew with a new update entry:

The first big update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Saint11311

Saint11311 Space Spelunker

Should I delete the old version?

19. Luminaesthesia

Good question, yes you should. I'll add that to the front page.

20. Saint11311

Saint11311 Space Spelunker

Thank you hahaha. Love the mod by the way. Its amazing. I love screwing around with the hard boss spawner

Luminaesthesia likes this.