Modding Help Zero-Fall-Damage-Tile acting unreliable, mistake or bug?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Charlatan, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

So I basically made a trampoline, which has groundSoftness set to 0 and is extremely bouncy.

With 0 groundSoftness in the formula below, the damage value should always end up multiplied by 0 in all 3 lines, but that is not reliable. Often enough, you would hit the surface with 0 damage and no hurtful sound from the char, but sometimes it simply does normal damage.

Out of curiosity, I tried with -1, which oddly reduced the frequency of damage, though that shouldn't make sense at all and might have been random chance. Sometimes my char blasted to the top of the sky and hit down with 0 damage, so I guess random variation is not the problem either.

I think when your char falls exactly on the spot where two blocks touch, it basically failsaves back to the default value of 1.0 groundSoftness? Did I overlook something, or does this belong into the bug report section?

2. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Looks like the code you linked is from the tile effects modification made with one of my older mods which became part of Frackin' Universe. If the character lands 'between' two tiles, it may calculate it based on the harder of the two, though if they are both your 0 groundSoftness it shouldn't make a difference?

3. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Oh? Thanks for the info, gonna check if my unpacked .pak is up to date.