Mob Zombies

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Varoslay, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Varoslay

Varoslay Void-Bound Voyager

So I was thinking, in some places there could be zombie infections, so there could be outposts that are filled with zombies, or there could be small villages that are now zombie filled. And the zombies would visually look different for each race, so there could be avian zombies and such. NPC's can give you quests to clear the zombies, or to find a cure.
    There could also be zombie infected planets, which are now filled with zombies. And there could be a few of these planets around the universe.
    Zombies should not be able to move from planet to planet by themselves, instead someone or something is spreading the virus around the universe.
    Also, i mean standard zombies, wandering around aimlessly until they either hear something, or see something alive, and then they want to eat it.

Here are some other idea's but im slightly unsure of them:

-Should the infection be able to spread to other mobs (hostile and friendly), and other living things?
    (Zombie plants..? ) If yes, should some creatures be immune? (And you somehow use that to produce a vaccine?)

-Would it be interesting if a planet was populated with npcs and other things, and them a zombie infection happened there, and now its just filled with zombies?

-The player could either come up with a cure, and restore the infected place, or he could exterminate the vile creatures

So, how 'bout it?

Note: I came up with this idea myself without any inspiration or anything. Any similarity to a previous threat/forum post regarding zombies or something of a similar nature is pure coincidence.

Note 2: If there is some sort of a zombie thing already planned, then these are merely ideas to think upon.

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

such thing already submitted and it is getting really old

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

One of the most generic possible mobs. Not every game needs to have zombies. I'd rather something original.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. Pakujz

Pakujz Void-Bound Voyager

Instead of zombies, it could just be a small-scale nano-virus/bot invasion

6. ZackTheGreat

ZackTheGreat Space Penguin Leader

I've kind of grown tired of zombies since the recent zombie craze in the video game industry. Something like perhaps saving a planet in mind-control of some kind of big-bad would be cool and the citizens could be zombie-like in terms of their actions and personalities, but I think that even references to the undead type like groaning, arms out, mindless walking etc would make even the most spiced-up quest stale.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. Varoslay

Varoslay Void-Bound Voyager

Now that i think more about it, the zombie idea is kinda cheesy. The word "zombie" was the closest metaphor that i could find, but it might be interesting if there was some virus taking over planets and NPC's.

8. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Check before you post please. There is quite a few threads with is exact idea.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  9. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

Be better suited as a mod :)

10. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

Every game needs to pull its weight to make the videogame industry hit the zombie singularity. Your talk of variation and originality has no place here :zombie:

Jonesy and WoxandWarf like this.
  11. Lemonkeyinc

Lemonkeyinc Void-Bound Voyager

that's a great idea zombies are in everything nowadays

but more a large scale nano bot infection created by a rouge ai that infects everything