1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950340366
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955827258
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945707062
    Unless you're expecting a higher quality standard, in which case, well... You're going to have to wait for Ryuujin.

notanaccount2 likes this.
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I checked the mech links out, and mmh. No offense but I think I'll wait. Most likely, I'd end up replacing the bodies when I get the normal ones anyways, unless they are overpowered to begin with and that wouldn't be very fun either. Hopefully 1.4 has a mech social slot feature.

3. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Huh, weren't all the clothing items from that included in the avali triage?

4. Sparky42

Sparky42 Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have plans to integrate that Workshop mod called Avali Objects+ with this mod?

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

It's already integrated on my personal dev copy, I'm just going through playtesting it and watching for abnormalities.

6. Sparky42

Sparky42 Void-Bound Voyager

Nice!, any idea for a possible ETA?

7. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Soon™

notanaccount2 likes this.
  8. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have noticed something a little silly. For whatever reason, Avali Triage will crash Starbound if it is installed with NMM, but only if Frackin' Universe was installed, but if you install both directly, then they both work fine, apart or together.
    I have been driving myself crazy with this and never found out why I can't get them to work together. Might ask me why do I use NMM, mostly because I played Fallout and Elder Scrolls and it worked just fine for them.

Edit: Okay, I think I found out why, for some reason NMM either guts or makes some copies of some of the mods parts in the Starbound Mod folder. Example is it had copies of materials, mods, platforms, and rails folder, also railtemplate.config.patch by it self.

Double Edit: It does the same thing to FU and has only ever done it to these two files.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  9. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Have you tried using the Steam workshop?
    It won't bite, you know.
    It's actually designed for this kind of thing.

10. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, but it has caused problems for some people for non-Workshop mods. This might have only been an early workshop problem though. The problem lies in my just being lazy and using NMM which wasn't properly made for SB, it would try to install them like a FO or TES mod. Simple solution was let it die and stop being lazy and install them manually.

11. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Question, how can you identify the sex/gender of an Avali if it's male or female? Just curious.

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The simple way is plumage patterns. According to the wiki:
    "Male and females are most easily told apart by their feathers, as there are no other external differences. Females tend to have muted, two-tone feathers, often with speckled patterns, while males have brightly coloured, iridescent bands across much of their body."

ChronoHyperion likes this.
  13. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

That doesn't work in Starbound, though, because NPC colors are randomized. I find that the most reliable way in Starbound is to look at the tail: male avali have a little dot on their tail the same color as their head stripe, while females have two stripes on their tail.

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Also the head patterns. Males have a 'helmet' while females have stripes

EDIT: I'm specifically talking about the Starbound sprites

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    ChronoHyperion and notanaccount2 like this.
  15. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

something i have wondered about,
    when will avali villages begin to spawn?
    when will avali npcs get more than one chat line each?

16. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

actually,
    avali villages do spawn
    they will never have more chat lines

17. DinoExplorer2000

why wont they have more than one chatline? why cant they have a variation like most other npcs, to not say only one thing? maybe one or two avali chat lines?

where does villages spawn? i explored dozens of snow planets, and im Lucky if i find a grave or a tent, one time i found a small house, and one time a Merchant on a platform, the most regular are Caves and tents, which i find at about 1 of 6/8 snow planets

18. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I've found one on Duania Formation I, coordinates -7, -1. You have to walk a lot, and if you're not on Windows 10 64-bit, your universe is probably different. Regardless, they're rare, like most villages, so keep exploring and you will see they do spawn.

19. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

The current mod creator should increase the chance to seeing an Avali village, even if it's just a bit.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  20. DinoExplorer2000

another question, when will rail guns be added? in the lore on the wiki it talks about avali using railguns, are they coming soon? and maybe ships With railguns? a vehicle you spawn, like those Explorer pods and hoverbikes, just With a large railgun