1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Corrupted save file, can't fix it myself!

Discussion in 'Support' started by bidoofus, Apr 30, 2017.

1. bidoofus

bidoofus Space Hobo

So my girlfriend's file was corrupted yesterday , I looked at the tutorial using NP++ and I am pretty darn clueless at what the issue is , I don't play the game myself so I probably don't know what to look for, I was wondering if anybody could lend a hand? Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Here, have her try this one. Luckily, the savefile seems to be completely fine; with the exception that it was renamed to some weird tmp file.

The game needs the names formatted like so(it does make copies with the names ending in "_old" as backups, but never tmp):
      "Farmername_#######"
      "SaveGameInfo"

I also recreated the SaveGameInfo so I could do a quick test. And your girlfriend's file seems to run fine for me. But, let me know if any issues come up.

Attached Files:

• bidoofus

bidoofus Space Hobo

I had to delete the _old files and rename the files, but for some reason now (it works so that's good!!!) there are a ton of files in the folder.
        $vegameinfo , Name_########## , name_#############_old and name_####### stardewvalleysaveMP , I deleted the old and the Mp ones but they just repear. any ideas? As I said the file works now so thanks a ton for that!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I would backup the whole folder by zipping it up. Keep the zip safe in case you need it again. Then try deleting the whole folder at once.
          After that just paste the folder I sent you into the Saves folder.

Saves
          |-- LJ_135276294

After an in-game day is played you'll see 4 files. The ones in ending in "_old" are backups of the previous day that the game creates. It's expected behavior.
          "Farmername_#######"
          "SaveGameInfo"
          "Farmername_#######_old"
          "SaveGameInf:speechless:ld"

Mods sometimes create data in there too if installed. But, assuming the game isn't running, and the data is still being recreated. It's probably an OS/software issue making backups of some sort.

Glad to hear it's working other than this small issue with files recreating themselves.

• Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

i have old backups constantly re-create themselves after deletion all the time, only solution I've found is to use AVG to permanently shred them. hope that helps!